ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Recaros fitted in full fat (with Recaro subframes)

Red Cup

ClioSport Club Member
  Focus RS
Fitted these a month back but realised I never posted pics except for the odd one here and there. Seats bought aftermarket from http://www.capitalseating.co.uk/

I'm using the Recaro subframes rather than the Renault ones used in the Trophy and option 182. According to initial research, the Recaro frames are 10mm lower than the Renault ones, but I want to check for myself before I confirm this.

img8.jpg

img7.jpg

DSCF0049.jpg

DSCF0048.jpg

DSCF0046.jpg

Megane R26
They look awesome - which model are they? The Sportline?

What was the total cost including frames?

Is the colour of the Alcantara identical?

Cheers

Russ

106 GTi
Very nice, I really want to do this to mine.

Match looks better in the sun, for both the Alcantara and Leather.

MKIII 138
stunning, the ultimate luxury possible in a MKII clio, all the 182 gadgets, the leather in the rear of the full fat + alcantara side inserts, and recaro fronts. sweeet.

only thing you need is to replace that crappy cheap plastic handbrake end cover with a nice aluminium one imo.

That looks stunning, matches the rest of the interior really well. Although I wouldn't have it any other way my Cup looks positively cheap compared to that!

Red Cup

ClioSport Club Member
  Focus RS
The colour isn't identical but it's not far off. No lights because I fitted airbag resistors. You can take a trip to Renault and get them to switch the side airbags off. I didn't fancy trying to explain why I wanted them to do it so I just bought the kit.

2 x Sport Trendline with belt guides, Ambla-Leather black / Dinamica Suede black. £545.00 each
2 x Recaro universal resistor kit for side airbag replacement £20.00 each
1 x Mounting frame - Renault Clio ‘98-05, left hand side £114.00
1 x Mounting frame - Renault Clio ‘98-05, right hand side £114.00

Total: £1358.00

Ouch.

Fortunately I did some work for a mate so got the subframes in return for that, plus I gave Capital Seating some free advertising (on my site, not on here) so got a handsome discount on the seats. Worked out just under a grand for me.

I could recoup some of the cost by selling the orignal seats, but I'm going to hang on to those for when I sell the car.

E92 M3 Monte Carlo
what did you think to the recaro subframes and the leavers,i fitted them in my 172 about a month ago and thought the kit was very poor,i got my airbag light turned off by my mate at renault,also the kit is cheaper from demon-tweeks for anyone else interested

U/R 200
Nice work there mate, looks good, enjoy ya comfy new ass gear.
Wish they left the decent rear seats in the trophy:(

I try not look at em, hence the tinted windows.

BMW M6 & 172 Phase 1
Looks awsome mate. Just wondering, do those subframes sit lower than the trophy subframes and if so, by how much?

182, SRT8, RS4, GT-R
Lovely jubley....really sets the car off,how does the driving position compare to standard?

Red Cup

ClioSport Club Member
  Focus RS
The difference in driving position is very noticeable. According to my measurements it's at least 30mm lower but it feels like more.

I had someone measure the Trophy subframes and the Trophy ones came out as 10mm higher. I want to confirm this by getting my can next to one to be sure before I explicitly state it as so.