ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

reccomend me some stuff

bozothenutter

ClioSport Club Member
did the car the other day, couldn"t polish (washbox owner was lurking around, he doesn't like ppl hanging about too long), so I limeprimed it, followed by prima amigo and Dodo supernatural....and now my arms hurt..:tongueclosed:
have used purple haze pro before, and actually though it looked better on my car (arctic)

sooo...what do I need:
- a wax, something that lasts and is easy to apply by hand and gives a insane gloss
- a wqashing mitt...mine basically fell apart
- a QD, heard good things about Sonax BSD? and Bouncers D&D
- a trim detailer that'll last about 4 months

I can only wash the car about once a month, so wanna keep it looking good as easy as possible.

Coby.

ClioSport Club Member
Wax - I love Britemax Vantage at the minute.
Mitt - CarPro is still one of the best in believe
QD - Not tried it but D&D going from the reviews of those on here I trust.
Trim - AF Revive

Few better options out there maybe but for ease and an unknown budget I'll list these.

Knuckles

ClioSport Admin
Washbox?

Auto finesse revive is a great trim dressing. If you prep the plastic first it'll last a few month and still look blacker than when you started even after its worn away.

Sonax bsd is brilliant.

bozothenutter

ClioSport Club Member
A box with a high pressure cleaner every carwash usually has a few.
I try to go there on a weekday if possible so it'll be quiet...the guys there even let me use the electricity if the boss isn't around.

MRBILLYUK

ClioSport Club Member
  FF Jeden Osiem Dwa
Try some Hyrdo2lite . Fantastic stuff , beads as good as any wax I've used . This pic was taken about 15 mins ago . The car was last washed over 3 weeks ago . Someone at work last night actually commented on it and asked if I'd just washed it . It's probably one of the easiest products you'll ever use . Wash your car , spray on then power wash off . Job done .
http://www.carpro.uk.com/hydro2-lite-ready-to-use-advanced-coating-1000ml/
DSC_0215.jpg

MRBILLYUK

ClioSport Club Member
  FF Jeden Osiem Dwa
Looks nice mate....i read a lot of good stuff about carpro.
How is the shine?
Its very shiny , considering it hasn't seen any polish / wax products since last November . Like i said previously , one of the guys at work asked if I'd just washed the car . It's a must have product imo .

Golf GTD
How many uses will I get out of 100ml of Hyrdo2? Tempted to take the plunge but not sure how cost-effective it is over summer.

Gally

Formerly Mashed up egg in a cup
ClioSport Club Member
100ml at 5:1 mate. I imagine 5 coats. 2 months at least per coat.

Golf GTD
100ml at 5:1 mate. I imagine 5 coats. 2 months at least per coat.
Cheers gally, from the videos I've seen it looks like two or three sprays per panel...would you agree with this? Also I assume it's ok to put it on top of wax? Or is it pointless putting wax on first?

Gally

ClioSport Club Member
Wax or no wax is irrelevant mate. It's just an amazing product. I used to use it on a car full of tar and unpolished. It lasted 4 months.

Gally

ClioSport Club Member
Even just watching that video again blows my mind.

Golf GTD
Class, I've got the whole day tomorrow, was going to decon with TRIX, rewax and then seal with Hyrdo2.

Cheers for your help

cafcross

ClioSport Club Member
Hydro2 Lite is just pre-diluted Hydro2. Up to you whether you want to dilute it yourself or buy it already done.