ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Recomend me a new PC tower

Well I have a very limitied PC knowledge but I do know that my PC is loud (due to cooling fans) and slow as hell. But it did only cost me £50.

So Im looking to replace my tower for a new one.

It needs to be quiet,
only programs it will use are, Photoshop, Internet Explorer and Messenger. Itunes now and again. So I dont need some epicly quick mega gaming pc in the shape of darth vader or something along those lines.
Wont need a monitor either.

Budget of £250, will look at reconditioned units too.

any ideas?

Tesla MP3 2021
Well PC world sell base units only for that price and im sure Dell will aswell. I would start looking at places that like, they will more than suit your needs.

None
So I dont need some epicly quick mega gaming pc in the shape of darth vader or something along those lines.

Damn thats me out of idea's then :).........seriously though you can get some real cheap towers from the likes of argos and tesco direct now, the tech in some of them now is equivalent to what you would have paid £500-£600 for a few years back.

renaultsport clio 182
Budget of £250, will look at reconditioned units too.

any ideas?
you could do this
40 for mboard
80 for chip
60 for mem
40 for HDD
60 for g card
this is only rough not been on and priced them up but i built a computer for a m8 and we spent less than 250

Tesla MP3 2021
^ Yes but he also said he has very limitied PC knowledge so I would of presumed a self build was out of the question.

ValverInBits
you could do this
40 for mboard
80 for chip
60 for mem
40 for HDD
60 for g card
this is only rough not been on and priced them up but i built a computer for a m8 and we spent less than 250

Plus "cheeky" OS plus PSU Plus case......
he's better of buying IMO. I'd go second hand.

renaultsport clio 182
true case and psu ^^, but like i said it was a rough pricing im sure prices would vary and you wouldnt need a expensive psu as he mentioned he's not fussed about playing games. if he's real serius i woud'nt mind helpin anyone out with building/repairing a desktop :approve:

ideal cheers for the advice. Heard bad things about overclockers though so wouldnt touch them but will look into the others and avoid pc world :)

Not a 320d
I just got an antec 1200, its huge but its very quiet. I use OCUk a lot and not had any problems with them. I used ot have the antec 300, its small but its served me well. Cheap too.

None
Pc world aren't that bad, i bought a dell xps 630i from them two years ago and it was only £100 more than dell's own website, considering i would of had a two week wait from dell and the fact i could walk out of pc world that day made the extra £100 worth paying, plus the spec of the two installed graphics cards was better than those dell advertised so it wasn't a bad deal at all.
the problem with pc world is there are umpteen numpties and only one techy who knows his stuff so you have to get this guy from the start then you're ok :)