ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Recommend a low trolley jack?

Volvo S60 T5
use a draper scissor jack to get the car up and onto a normal jack.
Sealy do a decent one but its rather expensive.

Whilst a jack like this is great it not if your not going to use it. I'd get a piece of wood and push/ drive the car onto it and use a normal jack my Williams was very low (more than that was usable on road) and I never had a proper using that plus it was a lot cheap.

MRBILLYUK

ClioSport Club Member
  FF Jeden Osiem Dwa
The one on ebay looks pretty good tbh mate , but like you say its pretty expensive compared to the others . I have a halfords one and one from screwfix ,but they only just lift the car enough to get the car onto the first position on the axle stands , look for one that goes over 500mm if i were you . The ones on autoexpress are probably too high to begin with to get under your car if its really low .

Do a search on google for trolley jacks .

S2000
My 1.4 is too low for the trolley jack, but i just use the standard renault jack to get it a couple of inches higher then use the trolley jack. Saves you a bit of money, and tbh only takes an extra 30 seconds anyway.

Cooper S JCW
I have been using one of the flags from the steps at the side of the house but my wife has gone mad because I've damaged it now ;)

You'd think with the increase in lowered cars on the road that they would design more jacks/ramps/etc to cater for this side of the market!

You've got no chance of getting the front of your car on ramps at home if it is lowered

80MPG BEEZA
i use 2 pavins slabs so around 2"-3"'s then get the jack under and my kit is LOW plus a 60mm drop it struggles to get up and down multi story's but the slab and jack technique works fine but i'm fudged if i breack down somewere and it has to be towed

172 cup'd extreme
Batman said:
i use 2 pavins slabs so around 2"-3"'s then get the jack under and my kit is LOW plus a 60mm drop it struggles to get up and down multi story's but the slab and jack technique works fine but i'm fudged if i breack down somewere and it has to be towed
solution - take two bricks with you everywhere you go :clown: