ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Trolley Jacks 2021

Renault Clio RS 182
The seals in my 25 year 2-tonne old trolley jack have finally cried enough. Guess it's time to get a new one for the new year.

There are a few threads on here recommending trolley jacks, one being the Costco Arcan 2 ton, but that doesn't appear to be available from there any more... only this [35Kg !] 3 ton. Has anyone any thoughts on a good light, high quality trolley jack that they've bought and that's still available ?

https://www.costco.co.uk/Tyres-Auto...on-Steel-Service-Jack-Model-XL2750EU/p/254971

gez 172

ClioSport Club Member
  Defender 110
Thanks to this thread I’ve just ordered the 3 Tonne SGS jack lol. Best price around compared to all other 3 tonne jacks.

botfch

ClioSport Club Member
  Clio 182
The seals in my 25 year 2-tonne old trolley jack have finally cried enough. Guess it's time to get a new one for the new year.

There are a few threads on here recommending trolley jacks, one being the Costco Arcan 2 ton, but that doesn't appear to be available from there any more... only this [35Kg !] 3 ton. Has anyone any thoughts on a good light, high quality trolley jack that they've bought and that's still available ?

https://www.costco.co.uk/Tyres-Auto...on-Steel-Service-Jack-Model-XL2750EU/p/254971

I’ve got that one it’s decent but very heavy duty so not light weight if you need to lift it up etc.

Crayola

ClioSport Club Member

I ordered this one

They sent one, left it on my doorstep in the pissing down rain and it was rusted before I could use it. Asked for a new one to which the driver left it with my neighbour but dragged it up his drive which put a flatspot where the handle bolts in so I asked for another new one... To which they came to collect jack #1 and left jack #3 so me and my dad now have one each 😂

Just don't try and lift it, you'll put your back out!

Renault Clio RS 182
Thanks to this thread I’ve just ordered the 3 Tonne SGS jack lol. Best price around compared to all other 3 tonne jacks.
Which 3 tonne one did you get ? I've got my eye on this two tonne one. I also have an E46 that is very low [my current jack won't get under it] so that would hopefully solve that problem too. There's a 3 tonne cheaper though.

gez 172

ClioSport Club Member
  Defender 110
Which 3 tonne one did you get ? I've got my eye on this two tonne one. I also have an E46 that is very low [my current jack won't get under it] so that would hopefully solve that problem too. There's a 3 tonne cheaper though.

I just bought the standard 3 tonne one for £86. Seems great value!

Clio_fool

ClioSport Club Member
What they all 3 tonne? Not many people with a 2 tonne car piss around jacking it up at home and its not like you're lifting the whole car up off the ground anyway. I need one but as I don't have a garage to drag it into f**k carrying it to and from the shed!

Renault Clio RS 182
I just weighed my own, broken, 2 tonne jack now... it's only 15Kg... 35Kg-40Kg is some weight to be hokin about in/out of the house alright. Think I need one of those aluminium NASCAR jacks :)

Clio 182 full fat

Hi there yes I bought a light weight racing jack on ebay for around £150 and I must say it is very good rated to 2.5 ton I would,nt say it is light around 17 to 20 kilograms.I don,t remember what make or model but has anodized side plates If I get a chance I will take a photo and put it on the site ok.

Clio 182
Anyone tried the Workshopping website?

I’m thinking about this:

Price has gone up £3 recently.

BoatNonce

ClioSport Club Member
I've just got one of these after the seals gave up on my old one.
£50, about 15kg and low enough to go under the clio, with enough room for a jack pad.

I’ve got the advanced version. It’s pretty awesome IMO. Quick lift pedal is great and the quiet wheels are a godsend. It’s heavy, but that’s no biggy for me.
13C21EB7-B83B-4E49-AAEF-46ACA3E17E02.jpeg

Renault Clio RS 182
I’ve got the advanced version. It’s pretty awesome IMO. Quick lift pedal is great and the quiet wheels are a godsend. It’s heavy, but that’s no biggy for me.
That looks really good... how heavy is it ?

In fact the 2 tonne Halfords one looks very good too.

Brigsy

ClioSport Club Member
  T.Turbo
Halfords advanced low profile jack is alright and not too expensive. Preferred it over the sgs as it has a quick lift pedal.

Tbh most of the 2-3ton low profile jacks are very similar, anything with a large 100mm plate will be ok. Avoid any 50mm plate hobby style jack, awful to use.

Louis

I Park Like a C**t
ClioSport Club Member
Looking to get a new trolley jack myself. I've had this one for 3 years and its been spot on - https://www.sgs-engineering.com/tjl2-2-tonne-low-profile-trolley-jack, but wouldn't mind one where I dont have to drive onto wood first but that might be a bit optimistic!

Looking to just get one from halfords as I have about £50 of vouchers aswell as my trade card.

These look good -

Eyeing up the halfords advance one the most at the moment!

gez 172

ClioSport Club Member
  Defender 110
I’ve had my fair share of wobbles with a jack. I like the wider wheels and larger jack arm on the 3 tonne. I’m yet to try it out. It was a no brainer for me at £86 anyway.

Cookson

ClioSport Club Member
  Mk1 Audi TT 3.2 V6
I think I will go for the 2 tonne halfords one, it's all I will ever need weight wise, but I will need something low entry once I drop the golf a little

Panda.

ClioSport Club Member
  850 T5
Halfords low profile is ace. Bought one last year as was bored of rolling the Volvo onto wood to get a jack under it! Also lifts it much easier than my old one (comfortably lifts one side of the car! (There’s an axle stand under there)).

F00CFE7A-0223-45C4-AA4B-E8A87E68A71B.jpeg

Paddy_g46

ClioSport Club Member
Think I'm gonna go for the £50.00 Halfords 2 tonne... for now at least and see how I get on.
They do the job but they are made cheap! I have had 2 fail, just today i splashed out £96 (with trade card) for their advanced one. Not used it yet but the reviews tell you all you need to know. Find someone with a trade card and buy once 👍🏼

Greeny.

ClioSport Club Member
  440i + 182
Timely thread this as I’m about to get one, looking at the sealey one atm as I want something I can take to track ideally, saw this one above which looks to fit the bill, the SGS one is out of stock:

Clart

ClioSport Club Member
Anyone replaced the seals on one of the SGS jacks? Mines leaking and I’ve purchased the kit, but looking on YouTube it looks like a bit of a shitty job