ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Recommend a low trolley jack?

Volvo S60 T5
use a draper scissor jack to get the car up and onto a normal jack.
Sealy do a decent one but its rather expensive.

Whilst a jack like this is great it not if your not going to use it. I'd get a piece of wood and push/ drive the car onto it and use a normal jack my Williams was very low (more than that was usable on road) and I never had a proper using that plus it was a lot cheap.

MRBILLYUK

ClioSport Club Member
  FF Jeden Osiem Dwa
The one on ebay looks pretty good tbh mate , but like you say its pretty expensive compared to the others . I have a halfords one and one from screwfix ,but they only just lift the car enough to get the car onto the first position on the axle stands , look for one that goes over 500mm if i were you . The ones on autoexpress are probably too high to begin with to get under your car if its really low .

Do a search on google for trolley jacks .

S2000
My 1.4 is too low for the trolley jack, but i just use the standard renault jack to get it a couple of inches higher then use the trolley jack. Saves you a bit of money, and tbh only takes an extra 30 seconds anyway.

Cooper S JCW
I have been using one of the flags from the steps at the side of the house but my wife has gone mad because I've damaged it now ;)

You'd think with the increase in lowered cars on the road that they would design more jacks/ramps/etc to cater for this side of the market!

You've got no chance of getting the front of your car on ramps at home if it is lowered

80MPG BEEZA
i use 2 pavins slabs so around 2"-3"'s then get the jack under and my kit is LOW plus a 60mm drop it struggles to get up and down multi story's but the slab and jack technique works fine but i'm fudged if i breack down somewere and it has to be towed

172 cup'd extreme
Batman said:
i use 2 pavins slabs so around 2"-3"'s then get the jack under and my kit is LOW plus a 60mm drop it struggles to get up and down multi story's but the slab and jack technique works fine but i'm fudged if i breack down somewere and it has to be towed

solution - take two bricks with you everywhere you go :clown: