ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Recommend a wifi router...

1998 BMW e46 323i
My old sky netgear router is on the blink after 3 years, can someone recommend me a new ADSL router, as cheap as possible, that will cope with hd streaming on my local network and the usual stuff.

I've looked and looked, and it seems there's a big difference in prices...

Thanks.

KDF

Audi TT Stronic
I did quite a bit of research into this and in the end I went for the NETGEAR RangeMax Dual Band Wireless-N Gigabit Router WNDR3

It rocks ! 2.4 and 5ghz, Gigabit on LAN and WAN, dual SSID's with guest networks,traffic metering etc.. it's a quality bit of kit !

Bus w**ker
The WNDR3 is a nice choice, it was my 2nd option after the DIR-655 and only because of the price difference and problems I've had with Netgear recently.

WNDR3 is about £90+ IIRC and the DIR-655 ranges from about £50-100+. Obviously you can pick them both up 2nd hand if you want to try and get them cheaper.

KDF

Audi TT Stronic
The Netgear was about £120 but was worth the money.. i was sick of messing around with cheaper routers.. even the Linksys I had before that wasn't up to the job ! Although I had a wrt54g with DDR-WRT firmware installed and that was very good and rock solid as well but was only 802.11g and 100mbit switch ports.. I wanted 802.11N and Gigabit

AK

M240i
I have this

netgear DG834GT

csrouter.jpg

That you can have for 20 quid + postage..

Brand new only thing is it's missing the arieal which you can probably take from your old router.