ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Recommend Cleaning/Waxing Products

172 ff
Hi,
Im new to the Clio and new to the Forum , just brought the car off a previous member (as per window sticker)
Anyway It looked great when I brought it and wish to keep it that way, this may have been asked before but can you all recommend your cleaning and waxing products and also alloy cleaning ie. the best ones for the job
its an artic blue 182 FF not that it makes any difference but if you see me in staffs give me a beep! haha
anyway, maybe this could be 'Sticky' if it gets a good response?

Thank you in advance

Scott

MRBILLYUK

ClioSport Club Member
  FF Jeden Osiem Dwa
Just washed n waxed mine today . Used Meguiars gold class shampoo .

http://www.motorgeek.co.uk/meguiars-gold-class-shampoo-conditioner-sizes-p-42.html

Tried 2 different waxes , both easy on easy off by hand .

Collinite #845 liquid insulator wax and Collinite # 476 . Can't really say one looks better than the other , both have come up really well .

http://www.seriousperformance.co.uk/sp/products/polish_wax.php

To polish before you wax use Autoglym Super resin polish , seal with Autoglym
Extra gloss protection .

I applied them with meguiars foam applicator pads .

http://www.motorgeek.co.uk/meguiars-tech-applicator-pads-p-48.html

Remove the polish and wax with microfibre cloths .I use the tesco ones , about £1.37 each .

Use the AG super resin and extra gloss protection on your wheels , then wax em .

Autoglym vinyl and rubber care on the tyres .

Another website that was recommended by Alan is :

http://www.carwashnwax.com/

Last edited:
  RS 200
^^ Yep, pretty much the same as above, the Collinite #476 is a really durable wax. Another nice wax that I would recommend is P21s Carnuba wax, very nice and easy to work with, both applied with the megs applicator pads.

Some tyre dressing is a must in anyones kit, Meguiars Endurance Gloss Gel is my weapon of choice, soon to be tried out with an additional layer of AG Viynl and Rubber care.

As for shampoo, the main ones that I can think of are: Meguiars Gold Class or NXT Shampoo or Sonax Gloss shampoo.

Nice drying towel or two is also highly recommended instead of a chamois, either a Meguiars Water Magnet or something like this: http://www.cleanandshiny.co.uk/ProductDetails.asp?ProductID=9923

Alot of useful things can be found on the above site and these:

www.cleanandshiney.co.uk
www.motorgeek.co.uk
Serious Performance
www.polishedbliss.co.uk

Chris

Yes I agree ,get a washmitt.The majority of swirls are caused by washing and drying with the wrong equipment.
Get yourself a decent lambswool washmitt and a waffle weave drying towel and these will eliminiate the dreaded swirls
Have alook at www.carwashnwax.com

106 GTi
Welcome to CS.

As others have said, look into a good lambswool wash mitt and wash using the two bucket method.

If the paint has any bonded on contaminents look into some clay after washing, most decent sizes Halfords sell the Meguiars Quik Clay.

If you have any and are working by hand look into Meguiars Scratch X for the swirl removal.

Follow that up with a good polish and sealant, of the shelf and for the money you cant go wrong with Autoglym Super Resin Polish, followed by there Extra Gloss Sealant. 2 or 3 coats over a few weeks will give great looks and protection.

For some added pop to the look, maybe look into a Pure Carnuba Wax like P21s. Looks great on Blue.

Clio 04 172 Cup
Rich said:
Welcome to CS.

As others have said, look into a good lambswool wash mitt and wash using the two bucket method.

If the paint has any bonded on contaminents look into some clay after washing, most decent sizes Halfords sell the Meguiars Quik Clay.

If you have any and are working by hand look into Meguiars Scratch X for the swirl removal.

Follow that up with a good polish and sealant, of the shelf and for the money you cant go wrong with Autoglym Super Resin Polish, followed by there Extra Gloss Sealant. 2 or 3 coats over a few weeks will give great looks and protection.

For some added pop to the look, maybe look into a Pure Carnuba Wax like P21s. Looks great on Blue.

I treated my car to the AG SRP & EGP and P21S polishes and waxing and it looks great! Go with what Rich says and you wont go very far wrong!

D

dick

sticky?
whys that?

thers a million others asking the exact same thing

RB182cup&golf gti
if you want a decent kit, go for the megs 3 stage deep crystal polish. Step 1 is a paint cleaner, 2 is a pure polish and 3 a wax, although i'd get maybe nxt tech wax for step 3 and possibly seal with autoglym extra gold - wont cost you a bomb but should get some cracking results, and all these products are available at halfords/ motorworld. Also as above, 2 bucket method, washmit and water magnet to reduce swirling.

Or get some Klasse All in One - great prodcuct, good durability and also can be used on your wheels

106 GTi
Autoglym Extra Gloss will not bond properly over any over the above Megs products, much better to do AG Super resin or Klasse all in One then extra Gloss, then top with a pure Carnuba.

RB182cup&golf gti
didnt know that, cheers mate. got a big detail planned soon with the menzerna range so hoping for nice weather.

106 GTi
Looking into get the Merzerna stuff myself to clean mine up ready for the FCS. Let us know how it goes.

RB182cup&golf gti
i've used the fmj and it gives a really slick finish, kept getting static shocks when getting out the car tho, and also attracts dust quite quickly. will get some pics up soon after giving a few of the procusts a whirl

172 ff
Cheers Guys, will have a look out for some products listed, how often do you wax? and how long does it usually take you?

106 GTi
I add a layer on once ever couple of weeks but I am obbesesive!

Once a month should be fine for most waxes 1-3 months for a good sealant.

As for time, 20-30 mins to wax the 182.

V6 Exige, GTR R35
is it possible you could use klasse all in one then menzerna fmj then ps21 carnuba wax?

or am i better to leave out the carnuba?

106 GTi
Would be a good combo, but bear in mind the P21s may take away some of the slickness the FMJ gives.

850 T5. mmmm Turbo!
what about the plastic strip between my bonnet and front window, its all white with polish, what makes that the original colour or better