ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Recommend me a camera please.

Renaultsport Clio 182
I'm after a new camera as I'm off to oz & Thailand in a months time and want to take some snaps to keep. I'm not into photography in a big way so an SLR camera is a no go. I'm just after a decent point & shoot compact digital camera.

I've been looking at this:
http://www.currys.co.uk/gbuk/sony-cyber-shot-dsc-w350-compact-digital-camera-04778227-pdt.html

can get discount from currys too as I know someone working there ;-)

is this a good choice or are there others I should be looking at for around the same price bracket? Any help greatly appreciated

cheers

Renaultsport Clio 182
lol might be a shot in the dark here but are you suggesting a buy a lumix?

As I say I don't know much about cameras - I was only looking at the Sony as they great products whatever they make. I've bought loads of Sony stuff in the past and I've not had a single problem with any of them.

Any specific lumix I should have a look at?

I'd agree with Revels, I used to have a Lumix point and shoot camera before I got my SLR and they really are the business mate!

Renaultsport Clio 182
Which model lumix have you got?

Had a look at the fp2 & fp3 and reviews aren't great to be honest?

A4 Avant & A3
Lumix TZ7, good zoom, good pics & HD video
on amazon for £185
I bought one a few months back & very impressed.

Or the TZ10 which is the newer one has built in GPS so you'll know where all your pics were taken on your travels. (£227)