ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Recommend me some Headphones

GRitch

ClioSport Club Member
  Polo BlueGT
I went with the Sony WH-1000 xm3's over the QC35's. Can't say I've regretted that choice once. If you're happy paying for them, do a little research and try a couple out. Going by the reviews, the Sony do win, but unless you're an audiophile, there is very little in it. I think Bose's selling point is sheer comfort, however, i found them a little bland which i was disappointed me. That's what made me buy the Sony's.

Martin_172

ClioSport Club Member
I got some sennheiser hd-25sp cheap in 2003 on a forum, they used to give them away on Concorde flights and someone had got their hand on a pallet of them!

Have used them almost daily for 16 years now and they are spot on, I've replaced the ear pads and the cable once and they are still good as gold, I recently bought the revised version in the Maplin closing sale as a backup of these die ?

Coby.

ClioSport Club Member
After a recent holiday I've realised I need some noise cancelling over ear headphones.

They'll rarely get used so not spending loads but would like Bluetooth and a decent battery, That's about it as I'm no super music fan and my hearing is poor ?

Will get used to watch Films on Flights and occasionally music in the gym.

Somewhere between £50-100 but lower the better.

TheEvilGiraffe

South East - Essex
ClioSport Area Rep
After a recent holiday I've realised I need some noise cancelling over ear headphones.

They'll rarely get used so not spending loads but would like Bluetooth and a decent battery, That's about it as I'm no super music fan and my hearing is poor ?

You get what you pay for .. however, Robbos is selling some Sennheisers iirc....

@Rob

Sunglasses_Ron

ClioSport Admin

Soundpeats Q32

I bought a set the other day.

They’re brilliant value for money. Cheap as chips too.

Coby.

ClioSport Club Member
Soundpeats Q32

I bought a set the other day.

They’re brilliant value for money. Cheap as chips too.

I have some Beats by Dre Powerbeats for in ear listening and mainly the gym but after 3 hours or so they get a little uncomfortable, I've got a 10+ hour flight later in the year and want comfort and to drown out any annoying passengers.

Sunglasses_Ron

ClioSport Admin
I have some Beats by Dre Powerbeats for in ear listening and mainly the gym but after 3 hours or so they get a little uncomfortable, I've got a 10+ hour flight later in the year and want comfort and to drown out any annoying passengers.

The pads on these soundpeats are really soft. They cancel out noise really well.

Rob

ClioSport Moderator
31959A55-DFB7-408A-93DB-C868975DBB55.jpeg

Almost brand new, from John Lewis originally... they’re great if you’re interested

Jekyll

ClioSport Club Member
How much @Rob ?

Having always had ear buds, I keep looking at headphones. My issue is I have a small head so I find that a lot of headphones I've tried in shops tend to feel a bit loose.

Coby.

ClioSport Club Member
Get the app for your phone.. CapTune.. well worth it.

Proper LOLs at asking f**king permission to buy a set of headphones though.. good lord.

Just searched it, Loads of versions?

With a wedding 5 months away we're a little lighter in the bank than normal so unfortunately that's my life right now ?

TheEvilGiraffe

South East - Essex
ClioSport Area Rep
Just searched it, Loads of versions?

With a wedding 5 months away we're a little lighter in the bank than normal so unfortunately that's my life right now ?
Hmmmmm, I just got one called CapTune.. year+ ago.

It's not that important .. enjoy them .. they're decent (y)

riz

ClioSport Club Member
  Jaguar XFR
I went with the Sony WH-1000 xm3's over the QC35's. Can't say I've regretted that choice once. If you're happy paying for them, do a little research and try a couple out. Going by the reviews, the Sony do win, but unless you're an audiophile, there is very little in it. I think Bose's selling point is sheer comfort, however, i found them a little bland which i was disappointed me. That's what made me buy the Sony's.
Same ,sonys are great.
Being picky my RHA wired ones do sound better but the ANC on the Sony is unreal.

Sent from my SM-G955F using Tapatalk

Steve

ClioSport Club Member
  ST3 8.5
I have tried numerous of sets & these are ones I always end up with,

aucky

ClioSport Club Member
Bump.

I took a chance on Grado GW100. (Bluetooth open backs)
Still in the honeymoon phase but they are GOOD.
They have that Grado open back character but seem a bit richer and dynamic than my battered SR80’s. maybe because of the battery powered drivers?

But if a niche product in that you’re not going to wear them outside but I’ve been enjoying them round the house.

Edit: I’ve found jazzy high end brass to be little jarring but that doesn’t really feature in my listening.

Last edited:

TheEvilGiraffe

South East - Essex
ClioSport Area Rep
Bump.

They have that Grado open back character but seem a bit richer and dynamic than my battered SR80’s. maybe because of the battery powered drivers?

But if a niche product in that you’re not going to wear them outside but I’ve been enjoying them round the house.

Edit: I’ve found jazzy high end brass to be little jarring but that doesn’t really feature in my listening.
Don't really think you can go wrong with Grados !!

I've still got 900 pairs of headphones, and I think I've worn my Senns out (PXC550) .. but new phone came with Bose QC35 2's, so that'l do for a bit !

N+1*

*I have issues.

aucky

ClioSport Club Member
Don't really think you can go wrong with Grados !!

I've still got 900 pairs of headphones, and I think I've worn my Senns out (PXC550) .. but new phone came with Bose QC35 2's, so that'l do for a bit !

N+1*

*I have issues.
I haven’t really used my QC’s since we stopped living across Europe (I’ve been on a plane twice this year. It used to be weekly).
Shamefully (is it shameful?) I reach for my AirPod Pro’s most of the time these days.

TheEvilGiraffe

South East - Essex
ClioSport Area Rep
I haven’t really used my QC’s since we stopped living across Europe (I’ve been on a plane twice this year. It used to be weekly).
Shamefully (is it shameful?) I reach for my AirPod Pro’s most of the time these days.
Ha. I live on my own.. use them all the time for phonecalls, or when I'm vacuuming... Or doing anything noisy like that. Polishing the car for example !

Don't know about the airpods, are they the new N/C ones ?

aucky

ClioSport Club Member
Ha. I live on my own.. use them all the time for phonecalls, or when I'm vacuuming... Or doing anything noisy like that. Polishing the car for example !

Don't know about the airpods, are they the new N/C ones ?

Yeah these ones.

I use them for using the lawnmower / power tools 🤣

Attachments

• 523852C2-9F54-4274-86F2-FA2029AB0D5B.jpeg
    523852C2-9F54-4274-86F2-FA2029AB0D5B.jpeg
    55.2 KB · Views: 58

CrippsCorner

ClioSport Club Member
  Astra VXR
Bump.

Love Grado, mine lasted me a long time... but I go through headphones like nothing. Probably 10+ pairs in the last 15 years. Currently on Microsoft Surface Headphones which I really like. Did have AKG ones too but they died a few weeks ago :(

Gally

Formerly Mashed up egg in a cup
ClioSport Club Member
Grados are serious! Loved the surface ones ended up sticking to Samsung buds plus. Battery life is insane, passive noise cancellation is excellent, sound very good for them being so small. I listen to podcasts constantly and they are super comfortable and can’t fall out like those AirPods s**t, can’t even move your head. My daughter has had 2 pairs!

Always wanted a decent over head pair but I just loves these buds, so compact and battery life sells them to me.

Deeg

ClioSport Club Member

Same and same.

I use my QC’s for calls now, but my AirPod pros for everything else.

I actually really like the Airpods. Far more than I thought I would.

sn00p

ClioSport Club Member
  A blue one.
Same and same.

I use my QC’s for calls now, but my AirPod pros for everything else.

I actually really like the Airpods. Far more than I thought I would.

The AirPod pros have really good sound quality, apples headphones have been a long standing running joke because they’re so bad, but the first time I tried the pros I was blown away.

Not only do they sound great, but they’re the most comfortable in ear headphones I’ve ever worn, usually after a short while your ears hurt or get sore but I’ve not had any issues like that with them.

Noise cancellation is decent as well, normally with in early I can hear the blood rushing, but I don’t get that with them.

ChrisR

ClioSport Club Member
I bought some Comply tips for my Pros and it’s made them fit so much better.

I struggle to find stuff that fits my massive awkward shaped lug holes, the standard pro tips weren’t bad but still struggled to get a consistent good fit.

I could really do with them just being a little longer to stick in a little more!

Deeg

ClioSport Club Member
I keep meaning to do the ear fit test, mint haven’t. And I’ve tidied the box with the tips away somewhere.

BoatNonce

ClioSport Club Member
I'm after a set of proper headphones. Currently using Skullcandy JIB buds but the battery life is nowhere near enough. I need:

1. MINIMUM 12 hours actually listening to music without charging
2. Bluetooth
3. Handles two devices at once
4. not fussed on noise cancellation
5. Preferably closed back
6. Many wubwubs
7. Budget... ehh, £100ish. Will pay more if it's actually worth it.

Hit me CS

ForceIndia

ClioSport Club Member
  Gentlemans spec 200
I'm after a set of proper headphones. Currently using Skullcandy JIB buds but the battery life is nowhere near enough. I need:

2. Bluetooth
6. Many wubwubs

Hit me CS
Anker q30

TheEvilGiraffe

South East - Essex
ClioSport Area Rep

2. Bluetooth
6. Many wubwubs

Hit me CS
Bose QC 3 and never look back.

~£200 now, cheaper on import market.

Gally

ClioSport Club Member
The 2 device thing is starting to annoy me with the buds + can only do 1 at a time. They fit so well I'm worried other buds won't. Will trial the new pro ones once my missus gets them delivered.

ForceIndia

ClioSport Club Member
  Gentlemans spec 200
The 2 device thing is starting to annoy me with the buds + can only do 1 at a time. They fit so well I'm worried other buds won't. Will trial the new pro ones once my missus gets them delivered.
It's still relatively rare with buds, annoyingly. Shame the buds pro are such a rip off in the UK.

Gally

ClioSport Club Member
The buds plus are great. I still reckon they outlast any other earbud. Why would I only want to switch between only Samsung products? How Apple sounding is that!

I use multiple pieces of tech and it's this one thing is forcing me away from the buds+. It wasn't just as annoying to start with but it's becoming more annoying by the day!