ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Recommend me some Headphones

Stay Puft

ClioSport Club Member
  Clio 172
They look very much like the sport elite - the sport ones only stay in my ears with the wing/foam tip combination - over ear should really be the choice but after using the buds I’m keen to find a replacement that will fit as less bulky and ideal for gym

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

My mrs has to wear the 65t’s backwards to make them stay in her ears 😂

Clio 182
I’m going to be listing mine for sale later, about 2 months old? Including updated tips so they stay more secure[emoji6]

Thanks for the offer but not entirely convinced if they will stay in when active so the apple return option seems a good option for putting them to the test for a few weeks - got a friend of a friend who works there and might get a discount- that said theyre more expensive than everyone else at the moment so will prob work out the same

ForceIndia

ClioSport Club Member
  Gentlemans spec 200
Thanks for the offer but not entirely convinced if they will stay in when active so the apple return option seems a good option for putting them to the test for a few weeks - got a friend of a friend who works there and might get a discount- that said theyre more expensive than everyone else at the moment so will prob work out the same

They’re 185 on Amazon. And you won’t get an easier returns policy than with them!

Clio 197,with megan'
Over the years I have had very expensive over ear headphones, now all sold, and now using Nova phone/loop/earbuds, and Sony xm3 buds. Tried the XM4, and for me, not worth changing from the XM3. Nova give very good depth and width of soundstage, and the earbuds have more than enough volume, even for my old ears. Liberty pro 3 are very, very good. Check Flossy Carter on uTube.

ForceIndia

ClioSport Club Member
  Gentlemans spec 200
I tried the liberty pro 3, personally thought they were very average. Poor fit, and the sound was nothing special. These were far better, can only assume the version 2 is another step.

By nova, is that spellcheck for nura?

Coops Mk1

ClioSport Club Member
  Lots of Scrap...
I'm on the Sony XM4, went from the 3 to these and do find the audio delivery much better, and fit is more comfortable, battery life better and case much smaller despite giving much more charging capacity.

_Tom

ClioSport Club Member
I’ve tried so many headphones over the past 2years. Overall the pros are best for an iPhone, spatial audio and Dolby atmos is superb. Especially for movies.

Cheers for the suggestion. Took advantage of some of the recent discounts for got some for £189.

Perfect fit and great sound. If they went a touch louder would have been nice but probably better for my ear drums that they don’t. 😆 Perfect for my holiday and great with my Mac too.

ForceIndia

ClioSport Club Member
  Gentlemans spec 200
Cheers for the suggestion. Took advantage of some of the recent discounts for got some for £189.

Perfect fit and great sound. If they went a touch louder would have been nice but probably better for my ear drums that they don’t. [emoji38] Perfect for my holiday and great with my Mac too.

Jesus. I barely ever went over 60% volume[emoji15]

MarkCup

ClioSport Club Member
I'm about to pull the trigger on a pair of Bowers & Wilkins PX7 Carbon for £250.

What else could/should I consider? Reviews seem to suggest that for the price the B&Ws can't be beaten.

ForceIndia

ClioSport Club Member
  Gentlemans spec 200
I'm about to pull the trigger on a pair of Bowers & Wilkins PX7 Carbon for £250.

What else could/should I consider? Reviews seem to suggest that for the price the B&Ws can't be beaten.

The Sonys.

They’re the default choice at that price point.

MarkCup

ClioSport Club Member
The Sonys.

They’re the default choice at that price point.

Too late, PX7s ordered already.

From the 1st review link you posted I haven't made a bad choice, the Sony's winning margin is narrow and slight, and from the 2nd I'm happy enough I got the PX7s because physical control buttons.

Thanks for the links anyway 👍

ForceIndia

ClioSport Club Member
  Gentlemans spec 200
Too late, PX7s ordered already.

From the 1st review link you posted I haven't made a bad choice, the Sony's winning margin is narrow and slight, and from the 2nd I'm happy enough I got the PX7s because physical control buttons.

Thanks for the links anyway [emoji106]

Unless you’re travelling, there’s a load of great options in that bracket. Enjoy them!

Abarth 595

wont go wrong with B&W. I have wireless P7s which I’m guessing are the predecessors to those you’ve ordered and they were better than any at that price point at the time - sub £500

MarkCup

ClioSport Club Member
wont go wrong with B&W. I have wireless P7s which I’m guessing are the predecessors to those you’ve ordered and they were better than any at that price point at the time - sub £500

I've used the wired P7s for the past 5 years without complaint, and as a supplier to B&W of many many components I understand 1st hand just how much goes into making them what they are.

One of the new parts in their 800 Diamond series has been in development for 3+ years, uses the most obscenely priced material, but it moves far less air and most importantly, compared to the old mesh one is completely silent while it does it. It's an absolute PITA to make, bit make it we will and the headaches will be dealt with...

800seriesdiamond3.jpg

This is why they're my go-to choice but as always, CS needs consulting first 😁

CrippsCorner

ClioSport Club Member
  Astra VXR
I had B&W's found they hurt my head. I've posted about this before I think but I've been through 14 pairs of headphones in 15 years 😳 (I may have even missed one or two pairs) and anyway, my latest is the XM4's are probably the best I've had, fantastic.

ForceIndia

ClioSport Club Member
  Gentlemans spec 200
I had B&W's found they hurt my head. I've posted about this before I think but I've been through 14 pairs of headphones in 15 years [emoji15] (I may have even missed one or two pairs) and anyway, my latest is the XM4's are probably the best I've had, fantastic.

I missed when they briefly dropped to £170 on Amazon [emoji2363]

BoatNonce

ClioSport Club Member
Just bought my third pair of Soundcores. Both me and MrsGherkin have a pair of Q30s but I keep leaving mine in work, so I’ve gone for a pair of Q35s this time round which have LDAC support.

Mental value for money. £250+ headphones for less than £100. Battery life is silly too, 40 odd hours.

Gally

Formerly Mashed up egg in a cup
ClioSport Club Member
Really surprised at the quality of them and sound over the plus I use. The fit is also amazing for me even with the ones out the box.

Done some running with them to check fitment and to see if they would loosen. I'm always worried about ones that don't have the wing tip but zero issue for me.

View attachment 1529165

View attachment 1529166
Further on from this I bought a pair of these for £40 new on gumtree. Everyone got them free with new phones so it's saturated! Guy mis-advertised them as galaxy buds! I snapped them up! After more time with them over Emma's set I'm very impressed.

Good sound for my non audio ears. Big jump over the buds plus. Battery life with ANC nowhere near the buds plus which I will always keep.

Biggest susprised is fitment. I've been so impressed by the way they have sat in the ear and stayed. Running etc all perfect. I think I'm wearing either large or medium tip. My ears have always been an issue for fitment and the buds plus were perfect die to the wing tip.

Voice detect during an is very smart. Using mics to amplify the external conversation so zero need to remove when conversing... But YOU need to speak first because it's obviously cancelling outside noise! Weird one that, ambient noise is fine but I suppose voice detect is a good extra to have when the anc is on. ANC good even when you aren't listening to something. When you are listening to something and have anc on it's very good.

All round very good depending on what the price is. Nothing at f**king £40 getting close right enough. Love a bargain! Just in time for a couple of flights aswell!

Touring_Rob

ClioSport Club Member
Further on from this I bought a pair of these for £40 new on gumtree. Everyone got them free with new phones so it's saturated! Guy mis-advertised them as galaxy buds! I snapped them up! After more time with them over Emma's set I'm very impressed.

Good sound for my non audio ears. Big jump over the buds plus. Battery life with ANC nowhere near the buds plus which I will always keep.

Biggest susprised is fitment. I've been so impressed by the way they have sat in the ear and stayed. Running etc all perfect. I think I'm wearing either large or medium tip. My ears have always been an issue for fitment and the buds plus were perfect die to the wing tip.

Voice detect during an is very smart. Using mics to amplify the external conversation so zero need to remove when conversing... But YOU need to speak first because it's obviously cancelling outside noise! Weird one that, ambient noise is fine but I suppose voice detect is a good extra to have when the anc is on. ANC good even when you aren't listening to something. When you are listening to something and have anc on it's very good.

All round very good depending on what the price is. Nothing at f**king £40 getting close right enough. Love a bargain! Just in time for a couple of flights aswell!
How do you (or other people!) find the microphone quality?

I've got some pf these:

Sound good, but the mic quality is dog s**t for calls etc.

Also have these which are PX5's I think,

1651235677321.png

sound good, noise cancelling good, mic for calls/vid meetings also dog s**t.

MarkCup

ClioSport Club Member

I've got some pf these:

View attachment 1590605

I have the B&W PX7s, similar to you, sound is epic, ANC is very good, mic for calls is almost completely useless.

Sir Nancy Flowers

ClioSport Club Member
  M140i
Ive had some decent pairs of earphones/headphones over the years but these ones ive had for about a year now. They are excellent.

They're a bit 'off the beaten track' in regards to branding. I'd never heard of them before truthfully but I did some research before jumping and im glad I did. Battery life is ridiculous. I have worn these ALL day when doing paint correction at a very reasonable volume and they havent even hit half battery.

Audio wise, the are really weird to try and explain. They're a headphone, no doubt. However, they also have a inner ear piece (a bit like wearing earphones with headphones on top). This took a bit of getting used to but once youre there, its fine. However, where they really 'shine' is their auto adjustment EQ. Its like wizardry. Maybe its just a crock of poo poo but I really found it works.

I love them. Thoroughly recommend them to anyone!

Touring_Rob

ClioSport Club Member
Ive had some decent pairs of earphones/headphones over the years but these ones ive had for about a year now. They are excellent.

They're a bit 'off the beaten track' in regards to branding. I'd never heard of them before truthfully but I did some research before jumping and im glad I did. Battery life is ridiculous. I have worn these ALL day when doing paint correction at a very reasonable volume and they havent even hit half battery.

Audio wise, the are really weird to try and explain. They're a headphone, no doubt. However, they also have a inner ear piece (a bit like wearing earphones with headphones on top). This took a bit of getting used to but once youre there, its fine. However, where they really 'shine' is their auto adjustment EQ. Its like wizardry. Maybe its just a crock of poo poo but I really found it works.

I love them. Thoroughly recommend them to anyone!
Weird! But also kind of cool. Have you made any phone calls with them? Whats the mic like?

Sir Nancy Flowers

ClioSport Club Member
  M140i
Weird! But also kind of cool. Have you made any phone calls with them? Whats the mic like?
Weird but cool indeed! Forgot to mention the noise cancelling is excellent too. Not used many but it's the best I've used. The OH loves scaring the bejeesus out of me because I can't hear her coming 😆

Yeah, I use it for calls all the time. Other than a slightly weird glitch where I have to switch the call output from BT to normal and back to BT to hear the caller, they're good. Never had anyone say they can't hear me tbh but I've not been on the receiving end

Gally

ClioSport Club Member

I've got some pf these:

View attachment 1590605

I just asked a guy on the phone the other day and he said it sounded like my phone and it's the first time I've had a pair of buds that sounded on calls as good as the speaker on my phone if not better. The buds plus always lacked clarity and depth. These are clear and the fit in the ear is probably helping.

Touring_Rob

ClioSport Club Member
I just asked a guy on the phone the other day and he said it sounded like my phone and it's the first time I've had a pair of buds that sounded on calls as good as the speaker on my phone if not better. The buds plus always lacked clarity and depth. These are clear and the fit in the ear is probably helping.
Great answer, cheers (y)

Gally

ClioSport Club Member
Again they should be much cheaper due to the freebie they gave away. Always a good time to grab a bargain. Good alrounder for me.

ForceIndia

ClioSport Club Member
  Gentlemans spec 200
If you can get the buds pro cheap, sub £100, they’re a good choice. The original price point was bonkers!

sburrell93

Scotland - South
ClioSport Area Rep
What's the going rate for galaxy buds pro just now?

I've just accidentally won an unopened set on eBay for 70 quid after chucking a last minute bid in. Have I grabbed a bargain or been ripped off? 😂

ForceIndia

ClioSport Club Member
  Gentlemans spec 200
What's the going rate for galaxy buds pro just now?

I've just accidentally won an unopened set on eBay for 70 quid after chucking a last minute bid in. Have I grabbed a bargain or been ripped off? 😂
Can get them for 80-90ish, so not a bad price.

R3k1355

Absolute wetter.
ClioSport Club Member
I'm not sure how changing to a slightly different type of plastic and having some Nickel on an entirely different part of the device is supposed to have given this guy an ear infection?

ForceIndia

ClioSport Club Member
  Gentlemans spec 200
I'm not sure how changing to a slightly different type of plastic and having some Nickel on an entirely different part of the device is supposed to have given this guy an ear infection?
Worth reading. It’s a known issue to Samsung and they have procedures in place because of it. I imagine it’s an inflammatory reaction, or inadequate materials/construction that allows bacteria a nice save haven to develop in.

OneTime_

ClioSport Club Member
  '65 BMW F31 330d
I have these:

Jabra Elite 75t. I run, go to the gym and work with them in. No issues with them falling out.

For me I wanted to be able to get changed at the gym whilst still listening to music and also be able to run in them without wires going everywhere or pulling, so had to be in ear wireless headphones. The bass is very good. I can leave my phone at one side of the gym and walk to the other side without them disconnecting (approx 20 metres). Max volume is plenty loud enough to drown out people talking right next to me. The case charges and then the ear buds charge, so last for about 20 hours as it runs the case down first before the buds themselves.