ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Recommendations

M2 Comp
Hi all,

I am just starting to get into detailing properly having recently purchased a new car! I put an order in with 'clean your car' yesterday for the items listed below, but would appreciate any recommendations from those of you more experienced than myself on what else I should get.

Dodo Juice - Born to be Mild Shampoo
Valet Pro - PH Neutral Snow Foam (have a pressure washer and CYC foam lance)
Valet Pro - Bilberry Wheel Cleaner
Meguiars Smooth Surface Clay Kit
PoorBoys - Black Hole
Chemical Guys Wet Mirror Finish
Dodo Juice - Blue Velvet
Dodo Juice - Born Slippy 500ml

Accessories:

5 x Foam Wax Applicator
1 x Chemical Guys - Wooly Mammoth Drying Towel
2 x Valet Pro - Inch Round Wheel Brush
2 x 600ml Plastic Bottle with Sprayer
+ already have a couple of wash mitts and LOADS of microfibre towels!

I'm also planning to get hold of an APC, Iron X, Tar X, Lime Prime Lite and a couple of different brushes/accessories.

Anything I've missed??

Edit: Not looking to get a DA until a few months down the line.

Golf GT & A4 Avant
quite a comprehensive 1st order!

doesn't the megs smooth clay kit come with one of there quick detailer sprays? if say save that for using after a general wash to bring back the shine and use the born slippy as clay lube.

Other than the ironX and tarX still to come I think you've covered most basis, but you could add a glass cleaner, tyre shine, wheel sealant. but save that for the nest order :approve: Get the bodywork shining 1st

M2 Comp
quite a comprehensive 1st order!

doesn't the megs smooth clay kit come with one of there quick detailer sprays? if say save that for using after a general wash to bring back the shine and use the born slippy as clay lube.

Other than the ironX and tarX still to come I think you've covered most basis, but you could add a glass cleaner, tyre shine, wheel sealant. but save that for the nest order :approve: Get the bodywork shining 1st

Thanks, I kind of got carried away reading up on stuff and ended up spending a few hundred quid! LOL :eek:

Yeah the clay kit comes with a quick detailer so I'll do as you said then and save that for use after a general wash, thanks! :approve:

Oh yeah, should of said, have some AG Fast Glass (seems to do the trick??) and Megs Tyre Gel which again seems pretty good! As for a wheel sealant, anything you'd recommend in particular? I'd looked at getting some FinishKare 1000p but not checked out any reviews yet....

aucky

ClioSport Club Member
Blue velvet is decent enough, but I'd go for a pot of Bouncer's #22

Awesome wax and it can double up as a trim dresser too ;)

M2 Comp
Blue velvet is decent enough, but I'd go for a pot of Bouncer's #22

Awesome wax and it can double up as a trim dresser too ;)

I have a Fiesta ST in Performance Blue and a few people with the same car/colour recommended Blue Velvet so I thought I'd give it a try. I'll have to look at that for next time though (already ordered what I'd listed above). Thanks for the suggestion!

Got a question for you all re. the Black Hole and Wet Mirror Finish. Can I apply Black Hole, Wet Mirror Finish and then wax? Or should I apply one or the other, then wax? Or none at all, just wax?

Megane R26
Bouncer's 22 or Vics Concours is a good choice on Perf Blue! The Dodo is okay but average durability, but nice enough wax tbh.

Gally

Formerly Mashed up egg in a cup
ClioSport Club Member
I'd buy Purple Haze (standard) over all of them.

M2 Comp
Starting to regret ordering the BV now, but I'll see how I get on!

Any other products people think I should get?

Just thought I'd add that CYC were amazing, delivered exactly as described and the next day too! Thoroughly recommended :)

Blue velvet is very easy to use, but lasts as long as a pint of beer on a Friday. So about 7 minutes so far...

M2 Comp
Thought I'd just revive this thread as I'm looking to make ANOTHER order soon.... think I've got the bug!! lol

Managed to use the 1l of snow foam I purchased as I've been experimenting with it a bit, so need some more. After some research, I've decided on 5l of Autobrite MagiFoam.

Also going to get some Autosmart Tardis and G101 (APC).

Then over on CYC, I have some Iron-X and AF Revive Trim Dressing in my basket.

Probably could do with a few MF cloths too.

Does the above come recommended or are there other products I should consider?