ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Recommended Sat Nav/What Do You Use?

03 Clio 1.6 16v Dynamique
Guys,

Sat Nav - What do you use and how do you find it?

Borrowed one of the managers' TomTom 300 and it was obsessed with M1/M25 despite me routing via alternate routes like the A1 and M11 which suited me better, especially with the 40 limits and roadworks on the M1 recently.

Is there one that actually works better than designed, and is generally highly recommended?
Saw the Medion PNA 210 in nuts this week, which is the first Sat Nav to retail under a tonne apparently, I don't know how good it is though?

What do you use, and is it worth the price you paid?

Thanks,

Pete.

182 Cup Inferno
i got the navman n40i and its brilliant, i have always used and preferred navmans because they dont look like toys and actually work very well. didnt pay for mine, was a present, but well worth the bucks!

Dirty E91
The Tom Tom series always comes out as recommended in all the reviews I've read, my mate has a Garmin one, was ok but it did send us along a few weird routes on our way to Bristol once.

Clio_Smart
TomTom One Regional

Its spot on no problems what so ever :D

Very smart looking aswell

£160 in the halfords sale but then £30 for the actual case.

I also brought a mains charger for it £10

So in total £200 Job done :D

172beast

Another vote for Navman here, tried Navman, Tomtom unit thing and Tomtom Mobile and prefer Navman, I've the ICN530 unit, routed me from Nottinghamshire - Nurburgring without a problem, just put the address for our hotel in Germany in, planned the whole route and never missed a beat all the way there.

Better than yours. C*nt.
I've got TomTom for my PDA - not bad bit of kit and if I'm honest suits me better than carrying a seperate box around - because my PDA is my phone as well!

Megane Mk4
tomtom 710, Swear by it, has bluetooth too so it doubles as a handsfree kit for your mobile plus, speed cameras installed, euro-maps available (just in case you want to take it abroad) unlike some Satnavs, you don't have to pay a subscription for GPRS. totally free apart from updates of maps - couple of quid etc. Well worth the money.

Got mine cheap too as Halfords buggered up on the order, took my money and then told me the one I ordered was no longer available, so I got a free upgrade for £249 ;) :D