ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Record mileage

T

thecremeegg

In the Telegraph motoring bit today a man wrote in saying that they needed advice on buying a replacement as their old 205 had done 455,000 miles and was becoming a "bit unreliable on cold mornings"!!!!!!
Now this must surely be a record for a 205 let alone any other car. Anyone seen/driven any cars with similar mileage? the highest ive ever seen was 250,000

Tom

I know a loads of truck are (particulaly in the USA) over 1 million miles.

There alos a load of big lexus over 1 million and a Volvo in sweeden on 1 million miles+
There a load of Merc particulay taxi's in Germnay with over 400k on them.

clio 182 black /gold
My mate has a merc which is a J reg and has 207K on it. The only thing wrong it needed rear brakes for M.O.T, but when changing them the master cylinder gave up. Here is a pic of it on the ramp. He has a F reg merc with 138K on it.
100_1488.jpg

Here is the white one.
100_1485.jpg
http://s20.photobucket.com/albums/b205/leeshez/Martyn/?action=view&current=100_1488.jpg

Evo4, MITO, 172 TTV6
when I got the bumpers of ebay for my clio (standard) the clio they came off had done 235,000 miles. it was an automatic, and was only being broken because of rust.

A number of clios
our fitter at work as a 405 estate with 390k on still on original engine and still going strong