ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Record mileage

T

thecremeegg

In the Telegraph motoring bit today a man wrote in saying that they needed advice on buying a replacement as their old 205 had done 455,000 miles and was becoming a "bit unreliable on cold mornings"!!!!!!
Now this must surely be a record for a 205 let alone any other car. Anyone seen/driven any cars with similar mileage? the highest ive ever seen was 250,000

Tom

I know a loads of truck are (particulaly in the USA) over 1 million miles.

There alos a load of big lexus over 1 million and a Volvo in sweeden on 1 million miles+
There a load of Merc particulay taxi's in Germnay with over 400k on them.

clio 182 black /gold
My mate has a merc which is a J reg and has 207K on it. The only thing wrong it needed rear brakes for M.O.T, but when changing them the master cylinder gave up. Here is a pic of it on the ramp. He has a F reg merc with 138K on it.
100_1488.jpg

Here is the white one.
100_1485.jpg
http://s20.photobucket.com/albums/b205/leeshez/Martyn/?action=view&current=100_1488.jpg

Evo4, MITO, 172 TTV6
when I got the bumpers of ebay for my clio (standard) the clio they came off had done 235,000 miles. it was an automatic, and was only being broken because of rust.

A number of clios
our fitter at work as a 405 estate with 390k on still on original engine and still going strong