ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

recovering a windows wallpaper

I changed some settings in desktop properties and it wiped my wallpaper which was awesome, cant remember where I got it from and haven't saved it so is there anyway to recover it from, will it be saved as a temp file somewhere?

Ian

Focus TDCi
Mine save to here dude: C:\Users\Ian\AppData\Roaming\Mozilla\Firefox

Dunno if yours will be the same directory if it's XP (?) but it should be somewhere I'd imagine.

Edit: that's also assuming you set as a desktop from the internet and didn't download it first.

cant find that path.

Now when I go right click> properties...I get nothing. Dialogue box doesnt even show up. could be a long night

Ian

Focus TDCi
Hmm not sure what to suggest then, sounds dodgy.

If you Google recover desktop wallpaper or default wallpaper file path it brings up a few suggestions. Without XP in front of me I can't really think though.

At least there aint a morning lecture; still should be in bed though!

Cupra
In XP the path is :

C:\Documents and Settings\[Your User ID]\Local Settings\Application Data\Microsoft\Wallpaper1.bmp

That is normally only the temporary path while it is still your wallpaper, so it may have been deleted in the meantime....