ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

red dot discs

clio 20v

just bought some 20 groove red dot discs cos one of my discs is warped

has anybody got these or reckon there any good, they cost me 130 quid

adi

Clio 1.6 16V

Ive had grooved & cross-drilled disks on past cars (MK2 16V golf & Audi S2). They certainly seem to reduce fading. Drawbacks are faster pad wear due to de-glazing effect, more brake dust and noisy under hard braking. Look the biz through the gaps in the alloys though! Probably wont regret your purchase. I believe they may have an effect on the ABS trigger point. If the ABS does kick in quicker this is a sure sign that stopping power has improved. But then, do you have ABS?

Neil

clio 20v

just looked in the demon tweeks catalogue an there 167 quid in there

i got em from halfords as well lol the one in altrincham with a big ripspeed section, i only went in for some brake cleaner for me new rear discs and ended up with new front discs too hehe

i didnt get the pads as mine were nearly new when i got the car so ill wear these out then replace em

cheers for the replies

adi

Clio 1.6 16V

Recommend that you put new pads on with the new disks so that everything beds in properly! Old pads will have worn to the suface shape of the old disks.

coolspot007007

ClioSport Club Member
  Seat Leon Cupra

Id get the track pads for the 20 groove or youll go through a cheap set inside a month, i know i did, they were halfords £13 jobbies to tide me over till the track pads arrived.