ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Red light cameras

First time Ive ran a red light since I been driving and soo p*ssed off about it. Was having an argument with the missus and my lapse of concentration led me to blatently run a red light while speeding. Luckily no-one was close to getting run over and no other cars were turning into the same road.

But I did notice the lights had small square cameras mounted on-top of them. Does this mean Ive been caught running a red light?

Was in Anglesea Rd, Portsmouth

Don

182 & LY Clio 220 ed

Were you flashed?

If you were, then obvious...if not then you wouldnt be getting done.

If theyre pelican crossings, then the boxes are sensors, not cameras

It was sunny at the time and I didnt notice any flashes. I hear that some cameras have filters over the flashes or something similar

Don

182 & LY Clio 220 ed

The only ones that do that are Truvelos they face you and have a red cover over the flash so as not to blind you if it flashes you.

http://www.speedcam.co.ukClicky

This should show you different types of camera, just so you can see for yourself, just in case.

Has

RS 182 - Black Gold

You shoudl be alrite.

The small black sensors are very common on a lot of lights.... im sure you would have noticed the red light camera situated before the lights or at least a flash of soem sort.

Dont stress too much :D

Mini Cooper S sport

I live in Portsmouth - Im pretty sure those lights dont have cameras on them - theres just the speed camera outside the swimming pool.

Ford Fiesta

from what you describe you wont have been "done", the sensors on top are for quicker light changeovers as vehicles approach.

go back have a look, if there aint a big yellow camera like in the pic above you are ok.