ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Red Mk1 Project!

Clio 1.2 mk1
Hi all!

First post on here so nice to meet you all! I'd like to say sorry for my spelling! Im at work trying to type quick!!

A little about the car...

Its a Clio 1.2 RN Mk1 1997
2 owners from new (im the third) 10300 Miles And runs like a dream! Full Service history! Brought the car for £250!

When i brought the car it had a very bad juder, so i had a look on this forum and it turned out to be the coil pack, changed and is running fine!

img0472ag.jpg

img0473vl.jpg

She's a Beaut Aye ??

After doing that I thought its time to start pimping it out...

I wanted to go for a boy racer/ council estate touring car look... LOL!

So I ran down to halfords to buy some Matt black spray paint and red vinal spray paint to colour the interior!

img0474qj.jpg

img0477kb.jpg

img0483ph.jpg

img0481va.jpg

img0491ib.jpg

img0490zl.jpg

End Result:

img0485je.jpg

img0486mm.jpg

img0497n.jpg

That Looks so much better!!
Highly suggested!

But i didnt stop there, i fitted this exhaust:

img0496uj.jpg

Toke me 4 hours to get it on but dammmmn It sounds nice!!

Todo list:

Window tint
Alloys
Door Trim
Seats - See Below
Stereo
Sub
Amp
Lowering spring
steering wheel
Car Mats
Preformance air filter
Service!
And much much more!

Here are the seats that i will be putting in! I will do a step by step on how to do it!
img0495nbl.jpg

Please tell me what you think!

:)

182/RS2/ Turbo/Mk1
Looks like a fairly tidy shell to start with.

Hopefully at some point you'll get the performance bug rather than just all the painting stuff etc, as it would be good to have some more fast mk1s on the site!

Clio 1.2 mk1
Hi all!! I NEED HELP!

I want to put my bucket seats but with the original rails! (Bit of modding to be done) the only problem is if i do this i lose my seat belt anchor point! Can I make my own with some steel and bend it a little then drill a hole ??

What is the law with this?? (Road Legal)

Thank

Daniel

ClioSport Moderator
  Whichever has fuel
Did you rub cheese spread on there and let a mouse chew the hole?

img0496uj.jpg

Clio Mk2 DCI 68
Firstly OMG, second don't mess with seat belt mounts just get someone who nows what they are doing to fit the seats properly.

Astra (H) VXR
I dont want to be rude, but is this a piss take

This is exactly what I though when I got to "boy racer/ council estate touring car look"

Please don't make your own anchor point for your seat belt by bending a bit of metal and drilling it... You will end up trough your windscreen!!

Grande 1.2
dont go for the chav/council estate look - itl look shittttt - especially because its an old beast. - go for the retro cool as f**k look! :cool: i dont really know much about mk1s - but i figure just shining & polishing it up to a mirror sheen would be a good start. complete with some new side strips, re-sprayed black - or polished. then drop it!

and also I would sand down and respray the steelies! - maybe space them out a bit....

just a few suggestions mate :) im not a hater haha!!

Clio 1.2 mk1
just thought id sorry sorry for not posting up any pictures latley! i will be doing it within the coming month, but this is where i am at:

Fitted seats
Fitted Sun strip
Fitted pedals (but getting new ones)

I am getting a new exhuast very soon! A single one so it will look 10 times better.

And with the bumper question I was more asking about would a williams bumper fit on my 1.2 non sport clio ? im sure there is a little bit of DIY to be doing...

Clio 1.2 mk1
dont go for the chav/council estate look - itl look s**ttttt - especially because its an old beast. - go for the retro cool as f**k look! :cool: i dont really know much about mk1s - but i figure just shining & polishing it up to a mirror sheen would be a good start. complete with some new side strips, re-sprayed black - or polished. then drop it!

and also I would sand down and respray the steelies! - maybe space them out a bit....

just a few suggestions mate :) im not a hater haha!!

Yes! After having the car for a while i started think to go with the retro look, and after looking in to it I am going down that rout now on the outside, the inside however will be a little more different...

Clio 1.2 mk1
Ok, so its been a while since i last posted up any pictures. Got a few last night just after i cleaned it...

Update on where i am on it:
Bucket seats
Painted interior ( I really regret this...)
Debadged
Sun Scriped
Audio system (On the Cheap)

So here's what it looks like now...

eastleigh2012060400272.jpg

eastleigh2012060400261a.jpg

eastleigh2012060400271.jpg

eastleigh2012060400269.jpg

eastleigh2012060400262.jpg

House speakers i know, but until i get some money in the bank this will do. you will be quite surprised on what these beasts are capable of doing! lol

eastleigh2012060400268.jpg

Head lamp glass fell of on the motorway !!

eastleigh2012060400263.jpg

1/2 Smoothed boot

eastleigh2012060400265.jpg

What make is that car again ;-)

eastleigh2012060400264.jpg

My two beautiful girls!

eastleigh2012060400290.jpg

What do you think then ? i know its a bit... Well its...
Erm...

I will be coming into some money very soon and im not sure whether to carry on modding this car up untill it looks good or buy a better MK1 will lower miles and mod that one out ?

Or I could buy a total different car all together, im really not to sure what to do, I need someone else's thoughts.

Thanks! - Aiden

Jap Box
Not a fan of the suntrip, like the job you did on the interior though, does look tidy in my opinion. Only thing is has any of the paint started to flake/scrape away yet? I did my center console in my last clio black and after a few weeks the edges had lost loads of paint from peoples feet scraping on there.

With the bumpers I think a bit of black shine would make them look a load better then now because their so faded!

Steels just sand them and spray black? Cheap and effective.

You going to get a new bump strip for the side where its missing on or just remove them all and smooth it over? The job you did on the bonnet does look to be quite good and the colour looks to match!

DCI100
If you're going to keep modding this i think a big drop, with banded steels is needed! its retro do it!

Then make it fast