ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Redex petrol cleaner...

1.6 focus zetec....
...Anyone used this??

Was working away today when some comedian came up asking for it, so i go and fetch it and then he gives me half his life story and tells me that i should try it as its excellent and gives you better mpg!! I thought he's taking the piss but would check it out anyway!!

Kiza

my dad uses it in his civic, and swears it works, but i converted him to optimax, and i dont think he bothers anymore

Seat Leon Cupra 290
doesnt increase mpg does it? or octane, well the petrol cleaner anyway, my old 106 rallye wasnt firing properly and put some of that in and it worked a treat, thats all i can say, cleans out the injectors and fuel pipes etc

Leon Cupra R 225
Weird as I saw this yesterday in a local car parts etc shop and wondered whether to buy any, and at 99p, I think I'll go back and get some tomorrow.

:)

Seat Leon Cupra 290
deffo worth 99p, would not personally recommend it unless you need it as id imagine it does more harm than good

i put some in mine and it blew the cat up!! but then again it was going to blow up anyway he he get some bp ultimate fuel in mate cleans everything for you!!!

1.6 focus zetec....
What do you find from it fred??? any noticeable changes or you just put it in 'cos you can lol??

Kiza

G_F

BMW M3 & Williams 3
Ive used it once, but must of put too much in, car was smoking like a b**ch with hard acceleration.

1.6 focus zetec....
To be honest im not all that fussed about it...i put 95ron in my car and have tried 98ron and they both seem the same to me apart from one stings you in the pocket!!! Are people saying putting this stuff in is the same as using an higher octane fuel??

Kiza

Clio 190bhp Hybrid
Additive like Forte, STP, Wynns etc are all good IMO. Forte being the best I have used and often available for a good price on ebay. Forte Top End Treatment is good for noisy tappets.

Fuel cleaners are supposed to clean whole system from tank to injector. Which can get crudded up over time I guess. You can get injectors cleaned properly etc but perhaps using additives stops them from getting that bad in the first place. I always notice a difference from the next fuel fill up after cleaning and try to do it every 6k.

Lots of garages recommend the Forte stuff.

Check their website and decide for yourselves: http://www.forteuk.co.uk/

Clio 190bhp Hybrid
Have used the Top End Treatment, Coolant Flush, Power Steering Treatment, Motor Flush, Gas Treatment and Injector Cleaner over the years. I find the Forte range more comprehensive tham nost but Wynns isn't bad and STP worked too.

Civic Vtec y0
Might give this a go! my cars doesnt idle to well, hopefully it will sort that out! I always use cheap and nasty fuel (ie the cheapest unleaded i can find) so im sure it will help a wee bit!

G_F

BMW M3 & Williams 3
Clio_MK1 said:
Might give this a go! my cars doesnt idle to well, hopefully it will sort that out! I always use cheap and nasty fuel (ie the cheapest unleaded i can find) so im sure it will help a wee bit!

No it wont sort the idle out, clean the ISCV that probably will.

Clio 172
I've used this redex before, it seems everytime I use this the stop light flashes on and off intermittently. Have had this checked out by renault and they found nothing wrong.
Probably just coincidence.