ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Refurbishing tyres...

I would like my 16v turbines refurbished but everywhere eg spit and polish are sayin £50 per wheel and thats wiv me takin them to them. Any1 else had this done in the Surrey area for lets say £30-£40/wheel.

Rik

get them shot blast at a local engineering firm etc, then take them home, clean them. Use some filler for the edges of curbing etc, smoth it all down, then get it painted in whatever colour you want.

Thats how they do it, and youll save some money.

Theyre not really kerbed tho! Just scratched and the lacquer has come off. Cant b bothered to pay £50 per wheel. Might as well get new alloys!

I dont think u understand m8. I want a professional job done and was asking if any1 knew of a good reliable/fair priced refurbisher.

i know mate, but i was saying that you can do the same job for less!!!!

its no magic thing, they just get the old stuff off and put new pain on!

no worries if you dont want any help, go and pay 45 quid a wheel!

No I want some1 suggest somewhere good in the Surrey area. Its just ppl r good at practical/mechanical stuff but i aint. Im not starting a arguement just stating that I wanna take my wheels somewhere and have them refurbished.

Clio RS 200

Dont shot blast them as a shot blast machine uses steel shot normaly and this is to large hard and course particals for alloy wheels. I put some in a machine for a friend after warning him and they came out all pitted. You would be better off getting sand blasted as it should do less dammage. Or if your lucky maybe a vaqua blast type thing, like a water and fine grit blasting method.

the water helps keep the surface cool on delicate material, and you dont have to use soddingly hard shot, there is a variety of grits to use.

Sand is good too, even cheaper, but they come away hell dirty! lol