ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

REJECTING A CUP

Im in the process of rejecting my Cup coz its been damaged and repaired prior to me taking delivery (crappy repair to front bumper, patch on nearside rear quarter blown in, overspray everywhere, etc).

Needless to say, the dealer (Richard Sanders of Kettering) arent interested in trying to resolve the situation and are bordering on being obstructive.

Im about to put the matter in the hands of a solicitor. Anyone got first hand experience of rejecting a car for this reason or similar and any advice ? Were you successful and if so, what was it on the legal front that done the job ?

Thanks to all.

williams 2 turbo

under the trades discription act you bought a new car which isnt new so i would assume you can demand a new one or your money back. best bet is to get in touch with local c a b or legal help as you said. hope it goes well

Black Gold 182

Give Trading Standards at your local council a call. I work for a local authority and usually a telephone call or visit from a Trading Standards Officer is enough to get the desired result. I am reliably informed that under the Sale of Goods Act you can either ask for a replacement or a full refund - you could always ring the dealer and spout that off to him, and if you get no joy get Trading Standards to do it for you. All the best in sorting it out.

My bro rejected his first 172 because of paint defects (contamination in paint all over car) think he just spoke to dealer got it inspected and put in in writting he was rejecting the car.

The car is new. Lots of cars have paint work done on them prior to delivery. The dealer will argue that you have to give them the chance to put it right first.

yep its quite common for new cars to have work done on them beore they get to you, they get all kinds of dings on there way to the forecourt.

.... All you want is a car in a1 condition, and i would expect them to cooperate on that.

251bhp Skoda Fabia vRS

I rejected my first car after a catalogue of things happened. This is a long thread but stick with it, it still feels good ranting about it......

Took delivery of my new 172 over 5 hrs later than it should have been. Delivery driver took 7 hrs to do a 2 hr journey. As it turns out hed been for a round of golf on the way, unknown to me or his employers at the time.

Anyway, sat in my gleaming new car and thought, first things first, to the petrol station so i can go out for a spin in my new £14500 baby. I backed out of the driveway, set off down the road and ran out of petrol 500yds later! Then next day I lifted the bonnet to find the coolant hose had split and sprayed white/yellow coolant all over the engine bay! it was f*cked.

That was it. I phoned renault (wolverhampton) and kicked off with the managing director. He said they had 3 chances to fix it before i could reject it. I told him that was a load of b*ll*cks and i was seeking legal advice. which i did.

My solicitor said that you are paying for a brand new car that should be delivered to you in what you deem as in brand new condition. If this is not so, as in your case scooby stu, you are fully in your legal rights to reject the car and get a brand new one from them. They havnt a legal leg to stand on.

The upshot was that I got a courtesy car from them for the 4 months it took them to get me one made. They also gave me a free 6 cd changer and a years free sevicing. They sh!t themselves when the solicitors got involved.

oh and the delivery driver got sacked!