ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Reload v Gtechniq C2V3

mk2ph1 rsi 106rallye
been using c2v3 for awhile now with great results heard a lot on here and other sites that reload was a bit better so decided to see how good reload is versus c2v3.

few before photos
1011455_662671987111992_673304195_n.jpg

1013379_662671880445336_2079722785_n.jpg

1521485_662671800445344_1300592410_n.jpg

started off by covering my car with a strong w2 APC mix leaving to soak in then rinsed of with a hose.
next up was to wash with dodo born to be mild with a wash mitt then rinse with hose.
followed by a covering of TRIX left to soak and agitated with my wash mitt.
rinsed off then washed with a strong mix of born to be mild followed by a clay whilst the suds acted as lube the rinsed clean.
wanted to polish with p1 was a bit late in the day so moved onto the next part.

wanted to make sure the paintwork was clean so used tough prep.

i did one half of the bonnet roof boot glass and side with one coat of reload followed by two more coats
then done the same with three coats of c2v3 on the other half of the car.

applied both in the same way by a few sprays on a folded up microfibre cloth to prim it then a spray or two on each panel spread with with the damp microfibre then buffed off after with a fresh clean microfibre cloths.

few photos after some rain
1484237_662641287115062_278990404_n.jpg

1555278_662641320448392_745642647_n.jpg

1526964_662641263781731_2073528574_n.jpg

1505181_662641370448387_1777146919_n.jpg

1176159_662641507115040_1693534380_n.jpg

165956_662641417115049_1312487717_n.jpg

1560590_662641470448377_1618867938_n.jpg

(water beaded different on the roof but think that was due to the way it was parked. tonight its small tight beads)

to me both have the same beading,same sheeting with a hose and same gloss look. will keep an eye on how well they both self clean and water behaviour when they start to get dirty.
Reload was for me was a little easier to apply/remove than c2cv.

cost there is not much in it
100ml c2v3- £5.95
100ml reload- £6.95

500ml c2v3-£19.95
400ml reload- £18.95

Realod is said to have Up to 4 months durability
C2v3 is said to have up to 8 months durability

so c2v3 is slightly cheaper meant to last twice as long will try and test the durability to see how long they last on my car.

Three layers of each should last you a while, certainly on the C2V3 front, from my experiences with it.

One thing, I'd be interested to see how far you can dilute each product for use as detailing sprays. My C2V3 1:3 with RO water works well as a QD, while no doubt adding a little more protection after each wash (cue Cliotoby's "I use it neat" malarky).

Mr R.

ClioSport Club Member
  A special one.
Mine with C2V3 after 4 months.

Attachments

• uploadfromtaptalk1389866800701.jpg
    uploadfromtaptalk1389866800701.jpg
    73.9 KB · Views: 193
  mk2ph1 rsi 106rallye
have used c2v3/deionised water at 1:3 and works well been told can use reload at 1:2 as a qd .

whats RO water seen few people say it lol.

Three layers of each should last you a while, certainly on the C2V3 front, from my experiences with it.

One thing, I'd be interested to see how far you can dilute each product for use as detailing sprays. My C2V3 1:3 with RO water works well as a QD, while no doubt adding a little more protection after each wash (cue @Cliotoby's "I use it neat" malarky).

Golf GT & A4 Avant
sonax is better when first applied, but appears to be a bit fussy over what it sits and therefore the lovely water behaviour doesn't last unless on a clean base and used as a stand alone sealant, not as a QD as advertised

Not a 320d
Unfortunately I've not seen it over a wax so maybe your right. Also I agree about the QD thing. But disagree about it being fussy (unless its s**t over a wax then I wouldn't know)

Works for me. I Need a QD and Sealant to use after drying. BSD is perfect for that. Removes any grime after drying and beads like f**k.

Golf GT & A4 Avant
I will be ordering a big bottle of reload shortly, it may not last any longer as a top up than sonax, but at least it's nice to and easy to apply. Not taking anything away from C2 as they're much the same, just personal preference see's reload do it for me

Not a 320d
I will be ordering a big bottle of reload shortly, it may not last any longer as a top up than sonax, but at least it's nice to and easy to apply. Not taking anything away from C2 as they're much the same, just personal preference see's reload do it for me

Fair enough chap. Thats what it boils down to at the end of the day.

Ill stick with CQUK topped with Sonax for a long time I think, wont wax again until I own a house with a drive.

Golf GT & A4 Avant
I will stick with trying sonax as I keep trying different ways to apply, but can see it working well on a nano sealant

Coby.

ClioSport Club Member
  XC60-R.......V40-R
I love the Sonax stuff... Had a bottle delivered today, I'm not overly fussed by durability as I'm the type of person who'd get bored if I didn't have to do anything for months... Perfect for slapping on the Gf's car as a quick fix, She sees the shine beading and is happy.

Not a 320d
I love the Sonax stuff... Had a bottle delivered today, I'm not overly fussed by durability as I'm the type of person who'd get bored if I didn't have to do anything for months... Perfect for slapping on the Gf's car as a quick fix, She sees the shine beading and is happy.

how long does sonax last?

You two would be suprised.
yellowDave did mention it can be fussy so I dont know what you guys are applying over. Over CQUK I had it on 3 months without re applying and the beading didnt even look like it was any different from when I first applied it.

My dads Megane I did on the last bank holiday, just washed then a spray down with BSD. Hadnt been clayed for over a year atleast and probably not washed since March. It was beading like Bens photos are with C2 on Christmas Eve.

Remember that C2V3 is more versatile so if youre happy with it then stick with it I say. Also that BSD feels rough and grabby when youre applying it.

mk2ph1 rsi 106rallye
cars starting to get a bit muddy so stopped in the jetwash to rinse it off. dirt came off with ease both look as clean as each other. c2v3 did sheet the water off slightly faster than reload.

mk2ph1 rsi 106rallye
today's update
gave it a rinse down with a hose before washing c2v3 beaded and sheeted off a lot better even when it was dirty. reload looked slightly better at beading/sheeting off the glass though.

washed it with dodo juice born to be mild.

after it was washed and a bit of a play with a hose.
on flatter panels like the roof and bonnet c2v3 was a lot faster at sheeting off leaving less water behind than reload c2v3 also had smaller beads.
on the side panels c2v3 was still faster but not as much in it.

sorry no photos this time battery was flat.
next week will take some photos.

Honda & VW
Will be needing more C2V3 or Reload sooner than planned after knocking my C2V3 off the shelf and cracked the nozzle, a fair about spilt out. But to be honest I reckon I'm going to go for Reload next time, don't get me wrong i love C2V3 but was more impressed by Reload when I had a sample bottle.

Honda & VW
There was something about reload made me favour it, but really they are very similar in most ways

Yeah very similar in deed Dave, but for me Reload is seemingly better.

Although now I'm a lover of AMDetails AM Seal, so easy to use and gives a great finish with nice water behaviour. Today being a good day to see this what with the never ending rain

Golf GT & A4 Avant
Isn't he am seal the very similar product to tough coat? If so I completely agree with you. Been considering getting another bottle for a while now

Golf GT & A4 Avant
I don't know people in the trade nor know where to find out, just what I hear or read on forums, so I'm not certain enough to say that all those similar products are ​the same

Honda & VW
It gets to a point where there will always be very similar products available, there's only so many concoctions that can be made

MatthewR

ClioSport Club Member
I think its astonishing that three very similar products (AD Seal, Autobrite To Seal & Protect and AF Touch Coat) can vary from £15 through to £29.

Theres a thread over on Detailing World at the moment where people are discussing the similarities of Desire and Desirable, one member has stated that he has had private discussions with both companies (AF and Angel Wax) and they have both stated that they are the same. Funnily enough James from AF has since been in that thread and rejected the accusations.

Gally

Formerly Mashed up egg in a cup
ClioSport Club Member
Link? TC has 5 other products that are the same. That is fact. Actual fact.

mk2ph1 rsi 106rallye
washed the car on the 7th and reload was starting to die off c2v3 was fine.

just washed the car today c2v3 still working great but reload has now all gone.
16628_677784295600761_1326944235_n.jpg

after its was rinsed off put on some diluted c2v3 to protect it over where the reload was so can see how long the c2v3 will last for.

Golf GT & A4 Avant
That does suprise me a lot! Is it still resisting dirt fairly well and just water behaviour dropped off, or has it died off all together?

Ps. sort out those headlights :p

mk2ph1 rsi 106rallye
That does suprise me a lot! Is it still resisting dirt fairly well and just water behaviour dropped off, or has it died off all together?

Ps. sort out those headlights :p

yea still resisting dirt abit still beads a little but not sheeting water at all.

headlights are replacements and on the to do list lol.

Scrooge

ClioSport Moderator
  E55 AMG
Oh dear! doesn't look good for reload there!

I find that reload protected cars need a fair bit of rinsing down for the water behavior come back with certain shampoos...

Jaff.

ClioSport Club Member
Oh dear! doesn't look good for reload there!

I find that reload protected cars need a fair bit of rinsing down for the water behavior come back with certain shampoos...

Proof that it, along with its quartz coatings are way too fussy?

That really doesn't look right. C2V3 was sheeting for me well into 6 months with no reapplication (granted with three layers).

For Reload to drop off that quickly, there is either an issue with bonding, wash removal, wash leaving something behind (although then C2V3 would also be affected) or a mixture.

What are you washing with?

Scrooge

ClioSport Moderator
  E55 AMG
The Alfa in my thread above had one quick layer and no proper prep so drop off in water behavior is fairly understandable.

mk2ph1 rsi 106rallye
That really doesn't look right. C2V3 was sheeting for me well into 6 months with no reapplication (granted with three layers).

For Reload to drop off that quickly, there is either an issue with bonding, wash removal, wash leaving something behind (although then C2V3 would also be affected) or a mixture.

What are you washing with?

only used dodo juice born to be mild no prewash or snow foam.

both reload and c2v3 was applied at the same time, same way over the same prep.