ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Relocating 16V Induction Kit

Does anyone think that this is possible?

If you could get some sort of silicone hosing from the throttle body right down into the front bumper with the induction kit connected youd get a lot denser air supply which would overcome many a 16V owners problem.

Im having a stainless steel heat shield mad up for me but I think that this would be a better idea.

Also - do SAMCO do a kit for the 16V???

BMW 320d Sport

Yes it is possible, nice idea going for a remote filter body but youd be putting the filter too near to road muck and be cleaning it out every five minutes. The other problem is that this length of silicone hose would cost you at least a ton, probably more, if you were to have it in the kind of bore that youd need.

If youre getting a heat shield made, try to make sure you basically get an air box that fits around the filter body, with only one inlet for cold air, that a hose can fit tight onto. A heatshield with any gaps at all will just be a waste of time, I know cos I did it a couple of years ago with a K&N 57i kit and some 2mm aluminium.

Samco dont do a hose kit for the 16v. Hill Power do. Thats if youre talking about coolant hose.

BMW 320d Sport

Just thought of another thing - a better idea is what Renault Sport did with the Maxi Clio - a completely different airbox that has a wide duct that sucks in air from the bonnet. The Maxis had an extra duct on the nearside just between the ignition module and header tank. Thats if you dont mind cutting your bonnet.

from demon tweeks you can get bake cooling ducts which you can use in place of the fog lights, and pipe them right up to an airbox which goes around the throttle body... or you could use the standar airbox, mod it to fit only one cool air pipe which goes to the coling duct......simple. Or you can use the green twister filter which comes was a sealed unit which you use ducting stright to the front bumper....

I spent ages looking for suitable ducting material for my BMC induction airbox and eventually found WYREM. This stuff is very flexible, strong and heat resistant upto 100 degrees C.

Not cheap though but well worth it. About £30 for a meter.