ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Relocating cold air feed - any point?

2003 Cup 172
Just a quick one - is there any actual benefit that people have realised from relocating the cold air feed to a standard Ph2 172 cup for track day use? I've replaced the panel filter with the ITG one, but just wondering if there's any real point in spending the time and removing the fog lights and putting in the pipes to feed the air box from the fog light surrounds.

Also, I've just had my exhaust system fitted and will be going to be dyno'd next week at some point (I haven't done this yet since I bought the car, just curious what it's putting out), so wanted to find out about the cold air feed situation prior to this point. I'm also going to get it re-mapped soon-ish too, so the same thing applies, will the relocated cold air feeds make any actual difference?

Any thoughts?

Cheers

(I'm aware that this has probably been covered elsewhere, but i've done the searches and can't come up with any conclusive answers)

2003 Cup 172
SOLD! I shall remain on my couch watching the football and won't do anything with the cold air feed. And i'll leave the Acoustic valve where it is, if all it does is make it a bit louder (after a bit of research on them) then i'm not overly interested, i'm just looking for performance stuff. I may take it off once i get stuck into track days and have the wheel off etc, but not until then.

Cheers