ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

REM Cable

From the amp, the rem cable goes to where?

....ive tried hooking it up to the blue wire from behind the head unit, but does not work.

Anyone have a clue?? or any sites which would be helpful.

Thank You

Djw John

Scotland - South
ClioSport Area Rep

It should go from the remote wire on the hu to the rem connector on the amp. If the rem wire on the hu isnt working then the switchable wire (teh one that only gets power with the igntion on) will do the job.

Ill try that out 2moro morning....but tell me if this is right what ive done:-

1. Disconnected Negative to battery

2. Ran 8AWG power cable from battery positive terminal, to amp (fuse was connected in between)

3. Grounded the amp

4. Ran the Blue 18AWG remote wire, from the amp, to a blue wire behind the hu, which is supposdly meant to be the remote wire

5. Ran the RCA from hu to amp (correctly)

If this is all right...shudnt it work?! i mean i followed the damn instructions.

The LED on the amp doesnt even come on to say it is powered on...:(

Please let me know if i have done it correctly...or its off to the local car audio shop

Polo + Micra

bridge between the B+ and REM to see if the amp works and also have you tried the hu on radio as the electric aerial wire may only become live when the radio is on and not the cd

I have tried everything everyone has suggested here....still no luck. Its off to the shop now :sick:

(and yes i did check fuse n reconnect the battery)

Skoda Fabia vRS

id bet its your earth, 99% of the audio stuff we get returned at work is cos of the earth, try it in a diff place

Thanks for the replies...but it was the "blue wire" it actually wasnt the right wire...

guy at the shop said my stereo was wired differently, so he said i should wire it to the ignition switch.

Works perfectly now....:cool:

Case Closed!