ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

remap with v-power in the tank

Turbo 182 Alfa 159
Seriously, can we just have one thread with KTec mentioned in it that doesn't skew off into a "they're s**t" and "do not use them" thread?

I don't care either way, I've no connection to them as a business but it makes the club look a little childish with the constant same old same old crap. The threads are out there to be searched so if the OP doesn't care to do homework then its up to him.

This, sick of reading same old shite now.

clio 182 sport
K-tec have done all the engine work on my car and mines been sweet and pulls like a train, i dont actually know anything about mapping tho, thousands of people use k-tec and are very happy with there service ( like me ) i would reccommend them.

Ph1 Tom

ClioSport Club Member
Personally I'd buy a used RS tuner (or someone might lend you one locally). Buy the unlock code and a 98ron map (unless one is available already). So cost could vary between £45 min and £160 max. Plus you save on having to travel. And the difference is going to be about 0.5bhp, seriously it's not worth the extra outlay, you won't notice any difference. And the RS tuner maps have a nice cold start, idle and raised rev limit.

If you had some serious engine mods than I'd advise on a custom map but you don't.

DTM

Clio 188 ph1 438's
I can see where your coming from Tom but I'd have to disagree, each engine is different some are built on a Monday others a Friday ;), there was a near standard 182 at RS Tuning with the only mod been a decat that made 9 bhp less than my 438 clio with decat and 182 manifold and other associated mod's, so basically I've probably a Friday (can't be arsed) engine and the 182 may have a Monday (ready to work) engine, a live map will get the best from what you have even if that's not much in terms of modding.

I wouldn't like to comment on other places but Paul at RS tuning is a guy who seems to know what he's talking about and I'm very happy with the way my car now performs. One thing to say though is the rollers at ktec do seem to read a little high from what I've seen on the forum.

Turbo 182 Alfa 159
Personally I'd buy a used RS tuner (or someone might lend you one locally). Buy the unlock code and a 98ron map (unless one is available already). So cost could vary between £45 min and £160 max. Plus you save on having to travel. And the difference is going to be about 0.5bhp, seriously it's not worth the extra outlay, you won't notice any difference. And the RS tuner maps have a nice cold start, idle and raised rev limit.

If you had some serious engine mods than I'd advise on a custom map but you don't.

I've just had mine done at RS Tuning and gained a fair bit more than 0.5bhp and all my 182 has, is matched inlets, silenced decat, custom decat back plus induction kit. Much more driveable and the even spread of torque is great. Peak torque is now 175ftlbs :cool:. I know these engines vary a lot, but mine certainly seems to be a strong one :evil:

Not saying the rs tuner is a bad move, its certainly cheaper and means no travelling but there are gains to be had other than just smooth idle if you have a healthy lump.

Sir_Dave

ClioSport Trader
If Ktec are so great, why didn't they renew their trader membership on the UK's largest Clio website/forum/club?

Personally, unless you've got cams that need mapping specifically, id just go with a Fastchip 98 Ron map.

Anything else is utterly pointless on a clio. You simply wont notice 1bhp.

BMW 330cd
Seriously, can we just have one thread with KTec mentioned in it that doesn't skew off into a "they're s**t" and "do not use them" thread?

I don't care either way, I've no connection to them as a business but it makes the club look a little childish with the constant same old same old crap. The threads are out there to be searched so if the OP doesn't care to do homework then its up to him.
I did my bloody homework, that's the reason for this because I did not find answer to my original question.

Gally

Formerly Mashed up egg in a cup
ClioSport Club Member
Yeah lets the hide the fact Ktec can be poor. That's a good idea on the biggest Clio forum.

They have a certain reputation for a reason. It's not all bandwagon.

DON'T SEND ME PM'S!!
Noob question, Booked my car in with k-tec for a live remap on the rollers and itg filter. I asked for 99 ron map as for the last 5 years thats all that has been used. Bloke on the phone said because it's not a generic map and will be a custom map it doesn't matter... Does that mean because it has v-power when it comes to mapping it will be mapped in?? This also might be useful for anyone else getting a custom remap and would like to know, i would've thought it will be mapped on 99 ron??

it will be mapped for what is in the tank when it goes in, that is all you need to know really

172 cup
2 dickheads that seem to know my own car better than me apperently?? haha jokers some people on here.

Dont think anyone is trying to attack you personally so chill out. They are just making a point that Ktec seem to over exaggerate their power claims. Almost 195 bhp seems a bit high for your mods as most people running rs2/itb only make that or slightly more.

As for the remap, I have the rs tuner map and think its great.

MicKPM

ClioSport Trader
  Clio16v/Zoe Z.E.50
If Ktec are so great, why didn't they renew their trader membership on the UK's largest Clio website/forum/club?

Maybe because selling tuning parts for the X65 is pretty much dead now? Maybe there's so many second hand parts floating around no-one is willing to pay what ktec want for new? Maybe they just got sick of having their teeth kicked in by internet warriors with mates down the pub who can build a 3million bhp engine for £200? Okay, the last one was a bit over dramatic but i can sympathise sometimes as pleasing everyone isnt always easy in business but as for why they didn't renew who knows, ask Dave yourself... maybe they've got cash flow problems?

What I was merely attempting to say without singling anyone out was its now massively boring (to me at least) that every thread that mentions ktec recently seems to instantly become a flame suit area and all the OP wanted to know was if he had 98/99ron fuel in the tank at the time would that make his live map (by ktec) fit to only run on that type of fuel after that point.

Mick

S4 Avant
It's no surprise Ktec aren't on here. Trying to run a business within what has to be the b**chiest environment I have ever come across, is just crap. I'm amazed anyone puts up with the attitudes of some people.

Slated because you dare charge money for your goods and services? Slated because your mate at such and such a company doesn't like you? Seriously. Grow the f**k up.

Gally

Formerly Mashed up egg in a cup
ClioSport Club Member
No one is claiming the guy is a liar but believing RR printouts is simply mental imo especially by a company who charged you for the work, see my earlier point.

It's naive verging on stupidity.

BMW 330cd
Thanks for the advice guys i think i'll give k-tec a miss for a remap but will be sending mwm an email tonight. As for k-tec i'd just like to make it clear that i don't have anything against k-tec, they did a fantastic job on 172 for belts and 72k service the other month but as for remaps i do think better places can be found from what i have been reading on the net.

-J-

RS2'ed 172 Cup
You won't go wrong with MWM, he mapped mine.

Something to bare in mind though is Mike is off on his holidays IIRC for a couple of weeks so you may not get a prompt reply.

BMW 330cd
You won't go wrong with MWM, he mapped mine.

Something to bare in mind though is Mike is off on his holidays IIRC for a couple of weeks so you may not get a prompt reply.
​Typical lol cheers mate , i'll wait patiently for a reply.

RS TUNER hasn't got any real performance gains, as i've said previously in this thread i've seen a few RS Tuner 'mapped' cars make basically standard figures, it may improve cold start and raise the rev limit but that's about it

imprezaworks

ClioSport Club Member
  Mk5 Golf GTI :)
Phase 1 mapped at xyz. Phase 2 rs tuner mapped, apart from the money there was no difference imo

BMW 330cd
When I get my live map I'll post my results for all to see, it may well be a waste of money lol it may not..

imprezaworks

ClioSport Club Member
  Mk5 Golf GTI :)
It's all about how it drives mate, I know figures are good for pub talk lol. What's the spec of the car?

BMW 330cd
It's all about how it drives mate, I know figures are good for pub talk lol. What's the spec of the car?
Tbh I'm not chasing figures if I wanted power I wouldn't be driving a clio lol like you said it's how it drives. It's only got ktr 2.5 inch cat back, matched inlets and itg filter although I'm trying to source a ph1 or v6 air box before the remap.

Ive had no problems with KTEC or mates that ave used them. The way they work (i think) is that they put one of 3 maps on your car then tweak it about to gain the best from your engine. My car is running 194.3bhp with similar mods to you and slightly more. Some people are going to moan that mine wont make that power with them mods, but f**k them i have proof and would recommend KTEC all day everyday. The service from martin and the lads down there has been very good, im sure if you have any problems with them they will certainly help you out as they have a big reputation and wouldnt like to ruin it. :)

Sorry but LOL.

I know the car well, I know it went to my local inpartial RR where mine ran 200bhp with the RS2/197 setup, Emma.'s cup made 183bhp. Yours ran 173/146, a week later, with absolutely NO changes it ran 187bhp at ktec.

Sorry but LOL.

I know the car well, I know it went to my local inpartial RR where mine ran 200bhp with the RS2/197 setup, Emma.'s cup made 183bhp. Yours ran 173/146, a week later, with absolutely NO changes it ran 187bhp at ktec.

Lol.

Sir_Dave

ClioSport Trader
Yours ran 173/146, a week later, with absolutely NO changes it ran 187bhp at ktec.
rofl.gif

clio 182 sport
Sorry but LOL.

Oooshhhh!!

173bhp isnt bad tho isit??

What mods has Emma's cup got??

Not bad atall, merely pointing out that it is a reliable RR, and very different to ktecs results for the same vehicle.

Emma's has matched inlets, decat exhaust and a panel filter. Hers is a very strong one though. I'd always said it.

Clio 182 trophy
Sorry but LOL.

defo ran 194.3 as i have the print out infront of me! typical bellend!

Figures are nothing but bullshit pub talk, its all about how the car drives. Mine made 182bhp on RS tuning rollers with just a cat back and panel filter, year later with a diffrent ECU and duff dephaser it made 166bhp, go figure ey, scott you've came across as a right tit tbh so just quit while your ahead and do yaself a favor