ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Remote cable to head unit prombelms

clio mk2 1.2
Am having problems connecting my remote cable from the amp to the head unit, cannot identify which wire the remote connects to as they are coloured differently and don't have a multimeter, have even tried connecting it to the 12v car lighter but had problems, its a 1.2 mk2. Works fine when I connect the remote straight to my 12v live feed so no problems from that end but fed up of having to take the fuse out constantly. Any help would be much appreciated.

Arctic 182
Have you got a pic of the wiring from the back of the head unit mate? Which brand of head unit? On my Sony it was a blue wire with a label on it to say remote. It should tell you in the user guide if you have one.

Fiesta ST2 MP215
There should only be one wire free for this, generally a blue one on Sony, Alpine and Pioneer units anyway, it should have a round metal thing on the end of it or a bit of tape and it's very thin compared to the other wires, but as i've said there is generally only one free wire anyway, if there is not one there then I'm sorry the unit doesnt have the right outputs on it for an amp.

Clio 182
amp will turn on with any 12v supply, regardless of radio being present, red going into back of radio should be ignition feed - tap onto this. or as mentioned before the blue is for remote, note: some hu's require remote to be turned on in their base settings