ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

remote locking key fob button thing!

H22A7 Accord Type R

Ok, new clio key, with button to open door locks and dis-arm the alarm. Now, i am sure we will all admit to dropping our keys at some point in life. My Main kep that i use every day for the car, i dropped it months ago, and it stopped working, no red l.e.d, no unlocking of car. Took it to renault, they opened the key up, and popped something back in they said, the battery i guess!

So, out to the car this morning, dropped key while shutting the house door.........no red light, no open of car! mint! so, up to get the 2nd key! Does anyone know how to get into the little b*****d keys?????? i mean there must be a way to change batteries and the likes!!! Any views would be great,

Rob

H22A7 Accord Type R

it slides up a bit...........then what??? lol!! i aint gonna try n rip open the only one i have with me at work, then i wud be fooked lol!!!!!! i can get it to slide.......next ????? lol

I got mine open!!! the umber on the battery is cr2016 3v!!! it took me a while to get in, ut just keep at it n ull eventually get there

H22A7 Accord Type R

ta. I dont need a battery, just need to slide it back onto its contacts i think!!! Ill bring a hammer to it when i get home!!!

Ad

MK2 FRS

You need to take the key off the key ring. Then slide the top, you can put a can put another key length ways in the whole for the keyring to lever it. The battery is held in by 4 small clips and thses seem to weaken after regular dropping. I had this on my first clio as I had all my work keys with my car keys. I was handing my keys to staff members every ten minutes so you can imagine how much they got dropped. Everyone at work now knows how much a renault key cost cause everytime i caught somene dropping them i went mad!! lol

Audi S3 225

Ya both my keys stoped working got them both replaced by reno under warrenty, new keys are so much better feel nice in my hands, my old ones had lost there grip, lol

H22A7 Accord Type R

ill drop it more often!!!!!! TOM............. u talkin about your gear box??? i aint had n e bother wi mine..........touch wood!

Mk2 172

Stop dropping it!

Diagrams on replacing the battery should be in the manual somewhere. Tis in mine.

When you drop it, it just dislodges the battery from its housing, and breaks the circuit.

just be brutal they are pretty frugal things

take it off the keyring, slide in the direction of the arrow and then pull apart - you will have to slide it quite a distance along the fob

Mk2 172

put the key down button up, put a flat head screw driver into the keyring bit at the top, and welly it away from the metal part/button.

This should open it up. It is the button section that comes off.

Or use an elastic band for friction.

H22A7 Accord Type R

i just pushed it n it came off, wi a bit of force. Popped battery back in and all is well

Ive dropped my key for my work van several times... first time broke the plastic clips holding the battery in place so I repaired it... .second time actually broke the switch off of the circuit board... I soldered it back on...

I dropped mine and cracked the back a bit, I just waited until I got a courtesy car and swapped the backs over !!! Saved me 60 quid! ;)

2012 WRX Waggon

both my key fobs only work sometimes when u press them REALLY hard, aint dropped um - their just crappy quality:mad:

its defo the battery moving away from the contacts, them stupid clips dont hold them in place.

Mine was tricky to open. Took a lot of force though

Mine was useless before hand so i took it apart and thought it does not actually matter what i do as its sh*te how it is.

so me being me got the soldering iron out and started re-doing a load of the solders and it worked.

So when it stopped working i did it again and now it just dont word full stop. The red light comes on but nothing happens. Even when you sit inside the car! lol

What you mean with all of the knowledge on this forum none of you know the price for a new key!!

Are you ready..??.....................

£140-£160!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Includes new blade, transponder unit and programming by Renault dealer.

One of my keys is fixed inside my steering column for my remote start so Im sh!t scared of losing my main key!!