ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Remote Viewing and conrol

Trophy Turbo :)
Hi Guys.

Its been many years since i messed on with PCS and computers so i am after a little advice.

I have Purchased a Over head projector with VGA input.
I have also purchased a Dell Optiplex GX series PC with 4gb Ram, 1TB Hard Drive running Windows XP.

What i would like to do is operate this PC from my spare room, but be able to feed the screen to downstairs and to the projector id like to fit in the bedroom :)

My TV has a Monitor Plug in etc. etc..

What would i need to get this to work if at all possible, and is there any way to control the pc from the various rooms remotely... i know i dont ask for much

If i need any other thing to make this may be work let me know, I do have a older style media box

andy

Ph2 172
Not to sure about the display but if you've got an iPhone or iPod touch the jumi remote is good for using pcs when you about the house freaks the GF out sometimes too

If you've got an iPhone/iPad/iPod touch, use VNC, it's free.

Or if you want to control it from another PC/laptop, use Real VNC.

Cupra
You want to send the video to two screens, so you will need to have either a graphics card or external box which can split the video.

What do you want to do with it? Watch films etc or actually use it as a PC for browsing? By the time you have invested in video cards/ cabling etc, you would probably be cheaper buying a network capable media player/ ATV or something for the second room instead.