ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Removal of Side Stips (Phase 1 16v)

Clio 182, OctaviaVRS

I am going to get my plastic side srips painted at the weekend, but i need to remove them to be able to do this. Do you know if they just pull straight off, or is there screws holding them on etc? My car is the phase 1 16v, so theyre the thinner ones that stick out more?

Thanks a lot.

I think they are held on by plastic clips. If you are gonna take them off be VERY CAREFUL!

Cant they just spray them with them still on the car though?

I colour coded my side strips and did the mirrors aswell.The side strips clip on, little crappy white plastic clips be carful when taking them. Theres two little catches , one on the top and bottom of each individual clip, if either one of these breaks the trim still fits back on your car but its very loose. Luckily when i did mine none of the clips snapped. Theres no secret to taking them off, i just yanked my straight off!!

Hope thats helped mate, its definatley worth doing.

pete

silver valver/hybrid

i dont know if they use the same clips as the phase two but when i took mine off for painting they simply slid off.

Trophy

Nick,

You have to remove the doors strips first as these have a screw holding them on towards the back of each one, once unscrewed slide them backwards with the door open, then slide the rear quarter ones foward.

Mat.

Clio 182, OctaviaVRS

So do you have to unscrew them first before trying to remove them? Where is the screw??

nick,
unclip the trim, at the end of the trim(under the door handle) you have to slide the trim backwards over the retaining screw, dont have to do any unscrewing.

pete