ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Remove old alarm unit from Clio 172

Hello!

Last year I bought a clio 172.
It was advertised has alarm equipped. Turns out the alarm was not functional, because the siren half as got missing..... yes you read that right.
So since the inside unit wasn´t doing anything on the car, I unplugged it from the wires and pulled it off.

To my disbelief, the electric windows have stooped working completely. Both sides. Turn out that they only work when the module is connected to the wires. I guess it must be something related to a function that closes the windows when the car is locked.

The problem is that I cant find any info, or schematic on this. And no direct combination between any of the wires will make them work again.

How is this possible? The unit is a GT167-2 from gtalarms. My best guess is that it makes use of the CLIP system to command the windows, but I'm just guessing and don't know if that is even possible.

Does anyone know more about this? Is there any schemmatic, pinout ou instalation manual for this alarm module?
Does the car have a pre-made connection that stick to the clip bus for installing this kind of alarms?

Even if i try to install a new unit, I dont know how to do it while using the existing wires.. the pin out of that module is very important to figure this out.

Thanks, any help is welcome.

Well, after some experiments, turns out it is some kind of optional module to receive an input from the alarm and shut the windows.
Mistery solved.

The only thing I'm unable to do, is to remove it, since I'm unable to make the windows work once the plug is pulled.