ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Removing Adhesive!

Vectra 1.9 CDTi SRi 150
Had the grim task of removing my K-tec carbon door pillars. Only been on just over a year and so badly faded. Managed to get the carbon off, which then left the thick adhesive layer. Used hair dryer to heat up and then 2 pairs of hands to rub the adhesive of.....many blisters followed.
This has still left a patchy layer of adhesive which needs removing. Can anyone suggest a safe/suitable method of removing the remaining adhesive without damaging the paintwork??

Stagecoach Ticket
i used some Auto Glym intensive tar remover to de badge my silver corsa a while back it dident appear to damage the paint at all comes in a white and light blue bottle for about £7 might be an option mate the t cut it but read all labels etc first iam not the best with cars

Vectra 1.9 CDTi SRi 150
Thanks for that guys, i'm jut waiting for the blisters to heal up before attempting to remove most of the padded adhesive strip from the other side:(