ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Removing alternator - Mk2 Ph1

Clio Si 1.6 99'
Im currently trying to remove the alternator from my 99' mk2 ph1 Clio and so far iv cant seem to slacken the timing belt. The mounting nuts and pulley bolt are all loose but im missing something. Id have a look at the tensioner but cant seem to find the right socket for it.
Anyone got any ideas?

cheers

Clio Si 1.6 99'
update - Tried my best to slacken belt by loosening up tensioner but it just wasnt moving so i managed to slip the belt off around it anyway. Gona be a problem when i put it all back on so if anyone knows how to slacken the belt to get the alternator off and on, please let me know!

Clio Si 1.6 99'
Incase anyone else has this problem ill just finish this thread with the solution.
Iv managed to get the alternator back on, bolted up and the belt tensed up properly. The main problem i had was that the bolt that the tensioner is held on with was rusted in its holding cavity so it didnt slide up and down when the tensioner bolt was loosened.
I jimmied the bolt back and forth with a screwdriver and layered some lubricant on the bolt and around the cavity, the bolt finally came loose enough to move so i was able to fit the tension wheel back on to the bolt, fit the belt and re tighten the tensioner bolt to take up all the slack.

The alternator and belt are all back together now with a new regulator fitted. However this doesnt solve my power issues, this is how you remove and reconnect an alternator for my model!