ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Removing arch liners

Fiesta ST-3
Ok... so i went on holiday and the car was left for a week... drove her for the first time yesterday about 2 n half hours to leicester and when i got there it was scrubbing like MAD when turning right slowly!!! Tried to put my finger between the tyre and the arch liner and there was literally about 2mm gap. So could it have settled more? Or has something broken. Looks about 5-10mm lower than before and nothing has changed.

So its a choice between raising and removing arch liners... arch liners are going!!!

How do i do it?

Cheers

Craig.M

ClioSport Club Member
  Valver, Octavia vRS
The arch liners have got like rubber bits pushed in them so you need the car jacked up wheel remove and just pull the rubber bits out, i thing there might be some screws holding it in on the bottom of the bumper too.

Sunflower & Golf Mk6 BMT
Generally ok to run no liners in summer but in winter its best to run liners when the weather starts to get worse.

Removing the liner's exposes the engine bay to water and dirt. If you go through a deep puddle/ford your at high risk of shorting something out, or even sucking water into your engine.

Most people remove liners for extra air flow during trackdays or uber low cars.

Drive shafts also rub on the arch liners as well.