ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Removing black plastic scuff

Monaco Blue 172 (56/468)
Was just wondering what would be the best thing to use on a white scuff mark on black plastic. My mum has scraped the wing mirror on her mini on something and asked me to try and fix it. Apart from using black bumper spray what else might work, would AG bumper care do anything?:S

Daniel

ClioSport Moderator
  Whichever has fuel
Spray some cleaner on it (fairy power spray will do) let it soak and get up close and personal with a pressure washer.

Golf GTD Mk7
There isn't much you can do really James. I've tried proper plastic polishing kits etc and nothing works really. Once it's "burnt" then all you can do is try and cover it. It depends if it is transfer or melted if that makes sense. Try peanut butter on a tooth brush (i'm being serious) as it restores plastic well. Oils in the PB might bright it out. use the smooth stuff for obvious reasons. Failing that, AG bumper car might cover it up.

Monaco Blue 172 (56/468)
Thanks for the replies guys
Will let you know whether its the pencil rubber, fairy liquid or peanut butter that does it :rasp: