ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Removing bumper to get at headlights

Hi guys

Got a great guide on here last week to remove the bumper on my 182. One of my xenon's went out so was going to try it in both sides to see if it was the light or the power pack thing.

I manged to get all the bolts and screws out. Screws were mega rusted and had to get them out with pliers.

Anyway, after all that effort I just couldn't get the damn bumper out of the clips! I was pulling really hard and it just wouldn't come free. Do I just need to give it more wellie? It felt like it was gonna break if I gave it any more.

All the bolts etc are deffo out. Advice needed!

a thirsty one
Where does it feel still connected? The clips in the wing are fiddly and the bonnet release pin worth checking.

My apologies.

When I try to unclip the bumper at the side at the wheel arch I just can't get it free.

I believe I have removed everything that needs removing. All 10 bits according to the how to guide.

BMW E82 M Sport
There is 4 little clip things on the side where the bumper meets the arch. When i took mine off last week i could see 3 of the clips coming loose but the one next to the headlight was very stiff, i just wiggled it ( quite hard ) from the arch and the bottom of the bumper & it came off.

That's how i got mine off so i accept no responsibility if it goes wrong :)

Haha - Cheers

Yeah I can see the first metal clip but it's very tight and I've exerted a lot of force on it and it still won't budge!

Tomorrow's post: 'So I broke my bumper in two....'