ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Removing Centre section (exhaust)

182 Sport 2.0I
Ok i have an all in one exhaust and the baffles have gone in the centre section. Its doing my nut and would like to know if anyone knows what the implications of removing the centre section and putting a straght through pipe are.

Any extra noise? Emissions etc?

Cheers,

Golf GTD Mk7
i would have thought it would have similar effects to decat regarding noise. Emmission i'm not too sure about.

182 Sport 2.0I
Ok, my exhaust is rather loud atm, not sure what Dbell at 4K revs, ill test that on monday. But too much more noise could be bad.

Cro

Meg'd r27
Im running a straight pipe from the manifold to the backbox, it sounds good but at motorway speed its very loud

182 Sport 2.0I
Not sure what the exhaust is. Started a post a while back, but everyone thinks its a custom exhaust. was fitted when bought

Cro

Meg'd r27
Yeah its well below the limits, not sure on the exact db tho. Don't get me wrong, get the right revs and gear and it's as quiet as standard

182 Sport 2.0I
Hmnm, May get it done then. Just i dont want to get a replacement centre box which is going to restric the airflow to the current one. I was wandering the warranty on the exhaust, but as there is no make im not sure where it was done.

Coby.

ClioSport Club Member
  XC60-R.......V40-R
I've got a Decatted Straight through Twin Backboxed Magnex Hybrid and its not too Loud IMO but you get a lovely rasp from it when giving it some Beans :)

182 Sport 2.0I
I may get it done then, Im sure it wouldnt cost too much to get removed, Would it increaee airflow?

Coby.

ClioSport Club Member
  XC60-R.......V40-R
Nah IIRC Christopher had his removed and it cost Sod all BUT I had other work done so couldn't give you a rough cst I'm afraid, I don't really think it will Increase Airflow as Silenecrs are not restrictive..... I went straight through mainly for noise and ground clearance as my car is quite low

182 Sport 2.0I
ahh right ok, so you dont recon if i get a replacement it could restict the airflow compared to the currect centre box?