ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Removing door panel on a Clio III 1.5dci

Clio III - S 1.5dci
I have this really annoying rattle on my passenger door, it happens when the window is up, if i put the window down about an inch it stops!!!

So really need to take the door panel off. any tips from anyone that has done this before?

Mk2 Clio dci
cant remember exact locations of the bolts etc, but theyll be 30 and 20 torques. Take your time looking for em all. theres one near the handle, and youll have to remove window control (there might be one in there too) think theres some at the bottom, then it shud just pull off, will be a bit hard. theres a membrane behind that, which youll need to remove carefuly because it stops from noise and leaks etc. If you rip it you could tape it back up though.

Hope this helps??

Clio III - S 1.5dci
Thanks

30 bolts!!! really and what are the torques, the plastic pull things?

I have removed around 15 of these from mark 2's in my time and replaced the plastic countless times Lol.

Ph1 172 + Combo van
you've removed 15 door cards from mk2 clio's and you dont know what a torx bit is.:S

Mk2 Clio dci
yeah theres not that many bolts. i meant to say the tool bit to remove the bolts are a 30torques and a 20torques (star shaped). i cant remember exact locations though.

oh dear.
torx is a type of interface, much like an hex key (allen key) is a type of interface. commonly known as star bits, they look like a star! ha......oh
Image:Torx_drivers.jpg
180px-Torx_drivers.jpg

Info Here : http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Torx
suprised you dont know what a torx bit is, they are needed all over a clio, including taking door cards off.

Clio III - S 1.5dci
Quote:
Originally Posted by deefadog
Nope, now you feel clever care to explain?

not if you ask like that
Sorry mate, thought i used some Smilies in there! Appologies :eek:

Anyways, i have the torx bits, will have at look this week. Will take some photo's as i go along, may help some peeps out in the future.

Also when i said "I have removed around 15 of these from mark 2's in my time and replaced the plastic countless times Lol." I meant to say on Golfs :)

Clio III - S 1.5dci
Cheers, I guess the MK3 should be very similar. Very usefull. Can't access the Guides as i am not a member. used to be many years ago when i had my mk1 172 :)

Thanks

Gally

Formerly Mashed up egg in a cup
ClioSport Club Member
f**king nightmare mate and i take them off everyday!
meganes are just a little worse.
a bet you think you have all the screws out but there will be one hiding behind! little f*****s!

Clio III - S 1.5dci
If you don't mind where are they all, want to do this this weekend. Also the rattle is weird, it's pressure related, not sure if anyone has heard of this but, it seems to be in the door but only happens when all the windows are up. If i put my drivers window doen slightly the rattle stops in the pasenger door! Fecking weird...

Renault Clio 1.5 dci
Hello, sorry to bump this old thread. Did you find the cause of the rattle as I have the exact same problem but in the drivers side door. Mine too is pressure related and does not happen with both windows slightly open.

Thank you