ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Removing original sidelight bulbs??

Renault ClioSport 172
I can't seem to get the side light bulbs out of the holder to put new ones in . . :S it seems like if i pull on them too hard they will break but i dont want to break anythin !

does anyone know if there is a simpler way to remove them or is it just a case of pulling cos they do seem to be 'stuck' in ???

Renault ClioSport 172
Spray a bit of wd40 in the gaps. Metal might have rusted abit.

Leave it for abit then wiggle them out.

i dont need any metal to come out if thats wat ur thinkin mate. . i just need to replace the bulbs or does any of the metal need to be removed too?? :S

No, lol.

The little metal pin connectors on the bulb, That make contact with the inside of the holder might have a bit of rust between.

Combo
Spray a bit of wd40 in the gaps. Metal might have rusted abit.

Leave it for abit then wiggle them out.

i dont need any metal to come out if thats wat ur thinkin mate. . i just need to replace the bulbs or does any of the metal need to be removed too?? :S

he means the metal from the original bulb might be rusted to the holder a bit. the WD40 should loosen it

EDIT: beaten to it

Last edited:
  Renault ClioSport 172
No, lol.

The little metal pin connectors on the bulb, That make contact with the inside of the holder might have a bit of rust between.

aww right lol so a little wd40 in between the bulb to loosen it. . .wont it damage the connectors on the bulb at all ??

Ph1 172 + Combo van
wont do nothing to the connectors. should clean up any corrosion a little bit and does not conduct electricity so all good.