ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Removing overspray

clio 172 no2/ yzf r1
Hi all , does anyone know if 3m fast cut compound will remove white overspray off of my black 172, as the dickhead two doors down is spraying his rust bucket of a vw camper and has anialated all the cars in the carpark.... Thanks in advance

Golf GT & A4 Avant
I've never machined it off, not sure if that is the best method. You can use firm or aggressive clay to remove it though. May just need a quick machine polish after to remove the marring

182ff
Hi all , does anyone know if 3m fast cut compound will remove white overspray off of my black 172, as the dickhead two doors down is spraying his rust bucket of a vw camper and has anialated all the cars in the carpark.... Thanks in advance
If i was you i would be walking past his camper later tonight with a can of black spray casually spraying it in the air!

clio 172 no2/ yzf r1
If i was you i would be walking past his camper later tonight with a can of black spray casually spraying it in the air!

This has crossed my mind lol am gunna try clay and hope this works as its all down the drivers side ... When I cleaned it up earlier it looked like Neil Buchanan from art attack had been flicking a paint brush at it

Not sure about the revenge post above, but this is CS so not surprised. However, I would definitely let him know. Sure he'll be amicable about it and mention you want to get it resolved. Then follow Dave's advice about claying and ask for a contribution to cover the cost of it.

Don

182 & LY Clio 220 ed
I would imagine that the person (if he's not an ass in real life normally) will be more than amicable if he can see what he's done. I would try aggressive clay (rather than attitude) and go down the nice route in the first instance.

clio 172 no2/ yzf r1
I've used sum meguires clay that I had left to get most of it off the paintwork ,, as for windows I used sum solvent cleaner wich took it straight off but was a little apprehensive to use it on the car itself,, as for the neighbour I kindly reminded him on his new found profession and he shrugged his shoulders and said. "What do u want me to do" and refused to cover the cost of the clay , if ud see how he lives you would see why,,,