ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Removing rear windows

Clio 182 Cup
How easy is it to remove the rear 3 windows on a mk2?

Dying to get rid of my tints, my mate has an untinted Dynamique and wants to straight swap to my 182.

Any info appreciated (I have searched)

Thanks,
Cal

Mk2 Clio dci
IIRC, there all bonded in and what not. Wouldn't tackle this as a 'driveway' kinda job though TBH.

Clio 182 Cup
s**t... the tints appear to be right to the very edge though. This would not have been possible without taking them out??

Mk2 Clio dci
It's almost impossible to remove the tint to re-use, will not come off as one. Even though one of my back ones came off as one, it was fooked and wouldn't be able to be re-used.

Think you should just remove yours mate, and your mate will have to get them done from new. Not too expensive really, got my 5 done for £180 lifetime gurantee.

Mk2 Clio dci
s**t... the tints appear to be right to the very edge though. This would not have been possible without taking them out??

It doesn't look it but they wouldn't have been taken out. Just the trim removed. Done quite cleverly!

Clio 182 Cup
I'm more concerned that the tints appear to go under the seals etc and end on the exterior edge of the window...

I'll have to craft knife along the inside edge and go from there? Could get messy this :S

EDIT; Ok I'll take a proper look tomorrow and if not, I'll cut around the edge as above. Cheers

Mk2 Clio dci
It can get messy, lol! once the tints off, you'll have a load of glue left on the window. You'll need window cleaner or tar and glue remover and a blade or scraper (it wont damage the glass) Then it'll all come off. Be careful with the rear window though, as you dont want to damage the rear heated screen elements. I did this and only 1 line works now!

172 /megane cab
wire wool and glass cleaner to get the tint glue off as for window out a good knife with glass cleaner and tape all round the edge of the glass on the out side