ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Removing Rear Wiper

N/A Currently
Hi All,

I did a quick search, but couldnt find what i was looking for,

Basically, I'm wanting to remove my rear wiper so that I can get to the semi-circle plastic plate that it sits on (not sure of its correct name)

I want to respray it, over the last couple of years it seems to have totally faded and lost its colour totally, and no matter how much bumper care i give it, it doesnt do anything.

Can anyone advise how to take it off?

I can take the wiper off, but didnt want to take the plate off without asking

b/g 182, meg tourer
get a flat screwdriver behind it usinng a rag wrapped around it to stop scratching. it just pops off. fixed on 2 clips.

b/g 182, meg tourer
oh sorry, you are talking about how to remove the wiper arm, not the semi circle.

wiper arm - remove with a set of pullers
semi circle plastic- screwdriver + rag

You wont need a puller. WD40 and abit of wiggling should do it. Well thats how mine have come off.

N/A Currently
nope, it was the semi circle i want to get off, but tips for the wiper arm were helpful :D

Cheers

monaco172 and ph1 172
give the nut under the plasti arm a soak with wd40 today and then again tomorrow. the nut usually comes off ok but the arm is usually totally solid.

Clio RS 197
get a puller.

i did my 197.

suppose its not been on aslong though....

100_1318.jpg

N/A Currently
i'm guessing its on a taper?

I had a go today, but got wound up by it and had to leave it before i got angry :lol:

Its been soaked in WD, so i'll give it another go later on