ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Removing Rear Wiper

S23

The Cleee-O
Afternoon all. Been trying to remove my rear wiper and the motor so I can fit a smooth blank over the top, but I can't get the arm itself off. I've removed the nut at the top of the wiper arm shaft and tried to give it a good tug but it's not having any of it. Looks to me like the plastic wiper arm has a metal washer on it which has rusted to the shaft. I've tried using WD40 to break it down, but again it's not having any of it. :( Any ideas?

Here's some foto's so that you can see what I'm on about.

DSC000251.jpg

DSC000241.jpg

Do I have to undo this nut first? If so how, cause there isn't a lot of room to do it :S

DSC000261.jpg

S23

The Cleee-O
Meant to say! I've looked at the guide on here on how to remove it, and have also removed the fascia in the boot itself and the motor as well. :(

Audi TT 3.2
ive never took mine of but on previous cars they have been on splines and usally with a bit of a wiggle they came of, but can be tight

sorry im not much help!

S23

The Cleee-O
Cheers mate, just had another look at it. Doesn't seem like one, gave it a good wiggle and there was no movement. Also it is super flush with the plastic, would a splice sit exactly level with it? Tried to lever it out with a screwdriver just now and didnt even move :(

White ds3
use a 17M spaner place over the arm and the thread then undo the nut and thew 17m spaner will pull it off its just stuk iv taken mine of before

172 sport
I had the same problem and eventually prised it off with a screwdriver. Just stuck because of time, rain, etc. When it went back on again I greased it!

E36 Coupe & Mk4 Golf
halfords do a tool for like £5 iirc but the the guide should do the trick

S23

The Cleee-O
Tried it again just now, not having any of it. Seems like they've put glue or locktight on the thread so it's not budging anywhere :(.

I used a hacksaw. Worked a treat :)

Did you hack off the bottom by the wiper and then unscrew it beneath the plate?

where did you get the smooth blanking plate from sorry to thread jack

My mate gave me the plate dude, was off of his old car before sold it.

MK3

Dynamiqueee
Had the same trouble with mine - absolutely nothing would get it off! Took an angle griner to it in the end, but managed to take a chunk out of my boot handle lol :( Do you mean a completely smooth plate? They look so much better than the standards with grommets in imo.

S23

The Cleee-O
Cheers for all of your inputs, chrispy.clio I just got annoyed with it in the end so did what you and my mate Chaddy (who used to be on here) said and hacksawed it off. Was so satisfying! :evil: lol Will put the pictures up in my progress thread later :) Thanks all!