ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

removing "renault sport" badge,

recaro'd 172 rep
been thinking about taking the rear badge off.
28102009359.jpg

whats your oppinion's and how do i do it without leaving a mark? thnks

SC03OTT

ClioSport Club Member
  Octavia vRS
Hair dryer and fishing wire to remove, then AG tar remover for the marks left over. Wax area after.

PH1 iceburg
I just removed my badges but it left the glue behind and now it is a mo fo to get it off, tar remover isnt budging it.

I just pulled mine off but it ended up in bits.

Probably best to get some heat on it with a hairdryer as it'll heat the glue up and make it easier to remove. The shadow that gets left behind can be polished/waxed away.

Christopher

ClioSport Club Member
  Z4M
Two minute job.

Hairdryer and a credit card. Then use some B&T or SRP on it afterwards to remove the residue.

Jamie

ClioSport Club Member
Last edited:
  recaro'd 172 rep
its off but its 2 cold outside 2 remove the glue. ill attack it tomorrow and get the glue off

Titanium 182 & 306 Diesel
I used boiler hot water and a card, worked find and got rin of most of the glue!

07 Campus Sport 1.2
whatd be the best thing to do to remove the clio badge on the opposite side?

normally just pops off with a little patience, a screwdriver with a thin cotton cloth, like a pillow case type material on the end will be enough to wedge underneath and prise it off. will leave two holes though, best way to fill them is put a plate or some fibreglass mesh on the inside of the hole and use filler on the outside to build the layers up, smooth it off and get it sprayed. a lot of work for one badge though