ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Removing Roof Strips

Clio 182
I've been trying to remove those roof insert trim things on my 182, from the info I can find, they're supposed to slide backwards and then you unclip something. I've tried budging them but they're only sliding back probably 5mm at the most šŸ˜‘ Do they just need a shed load of force? Can I prise them upwards or will I break something? Help!

Attachments

• IMG_2544.JPG
    IMG_2544.JPG
    703.4 KB · Views: 102

Louis

I Park Like a C**t
ClioSport Club Member
Found this

"Found the solution they do slide side to side and not much else, you have to get a flat headed screwdriver and slide it along the rubber, there are metal metal pop studs 4 in total, the first one is approx 2 1/2", then the other 3 are 8" apart, they will pop out of the plastic inserts connected to the strip"

Clio 182
Found this

"Found the solution they do slide side to side and not much else, you have to get a flat headed screwdriver and slide it along the rubber, there are metal metal pop studs 4 in total, the first one is approx 2 1/2", then the other 3 are 8" apart, they will pop out of the plastic inserts connected to the strip"

Ta šŸ‘ Iā€™ll have another look tomorrow weather permitting

1985michael182

ClioSport Club Member
Something like a paint/wallpaper scrapper which it wide to spread the load when pressing against the trim. Screwdriver will damage your paint because you are levering on a small point