ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Removing seat rails?

len_beach

ClioSport Club Member
  E92 M3,172 track car
I want to fit a set of fixed buckets with side mounts bolted directly to the car. From what I can gather, the standard seat rails aren't up to the job?

I was thinking of fitting something like these. http://www.demon-tweeks.co.uk/motor...iversal/rix-engineering-subframe-mounting-kit

Is it just a case of removing the old seat rail, welding these in and bolting the side mounts to the tabs? Are the tabs the correct with for buckets or is modding required?

NorthloopCup

ClioSport Moderator
I have them installed in my car. Everything that comes in that kit is perfect for what your doing mate. It all needs welding anyway, so you can space the tabs to suit your seat spacing.

When you install them, you need to drill the sill/tunnel and let the tube pass through. You weld the strengthening plates in first as well btw, then weld the tube to the plates.

Measure twice, cut once! And use a spirit level as well! It takes longer to remove the original seat rails than it does to fit these tbf.

len_beach

ClioSport Club Member
  E92 M3,172 track car
I have them installed in my car. Everything that comes in that kit is perfect for what your doing mate. It all needs welding anyway, so you can space the tabs to suit your seat spacing.

When you install them, you need to drill the sill/tunnel and let the tube pass through. You weld the strengthening plates in first as well btw, then weld the tube to the plates.

Measure twice, cut once! And use a spirit level as well! It takes longer to remove the original seat rails than it does to fit these tbf.
Cool. Cheers. I guess looking at the makeup of the tabs, you can then remove the whole seat and side mount from in the car in a matter of minutes?

len_beach

ClioSport Club Member
  E92 M3,172 track car
Ding dong. Time to get rid of the Monacos for so drying a bit more worthwhile.

Clio Mk2 DCI 68
Just a thought. If your using a spirit level make sure the car is parked on level groud. Type of thing I would do lol.