ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Removing seats for a proper clean

GT 128 VVT
Hello guys,
just wondering how easy it would be for me to remove the front 2 seats so I can give her a proper clean I am fairly new to clios and slowly but surely I am learning about them but if anyone could link me to a good set of instructions on removing them I would be eternally grateful,

thanks in advance :)

each seat has 4 bolts too undo, all of them are under the car.
2 under a rubber grommet near too the sills and 2 near the exhaust.
Couple of connections too take apart under the seats as well!

GT 128 VVT
Ah right okay, I might wait until I can spend a full day doing it then so I can fully work it out, thanks for the reply!

Audi A5
Yh the bolts by the exhaust are a bit of a pain to get to, you have to get right under the car.

The connecters under the seats are absolutely s**t, you probably won't be able to even disconnect them, usually you have to cut the wires and then solider them back together.

Could always just undo the bolts and then tilt the seats back, depends how desperate you are to get them out.

GT 128 VVT
I was just going to get vacuum down the side of the runner as it's hard to get to :/ but now you mentioned dying it I might consider it but then again it's not in bad condition( I am second owner) the first owner was a oldish guy so kept it really well maintained

Clio 182
You could dye it with the carpet still in. It's well worth doing to see a lovely jet black carpet beneath you.
its about £13 for the dye and it doesn't rub off over time.

Clio 182 - RB
You could dye it with the carpet still in. It's well worth doing to see a lovely jet black carpet beneath you.
its about £13 for the dye and it doesn't rub off over time.

Link? Also can you do this on the head lining y'no? Regards, Ben.

Clio 182
I'm not sure on the headlining as it has a kind on wax coat I think.
I've read about people mixing the dye with thinners to break down the wax and make it stick but its just hear say from me and its at your discretion.

it does however work perfect on carpets without any hassle or rubbing off.

have a look on ebay for the dye, I think I used a autosmart one.
The smell is quite strong but it fades after a month or so.