ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Removing %&^$((^ trim clips!

1.4 Expression 2007
Just bought a 2007 Expression and the boot light appears to have gone AWOL. There's an aperture for it, but no light and fishing around in the hole is too tight for my sausage-like digits. I assume it's either been removed or it's fallen down the back, but no sign of a connector.
Trying to get the side trim panel in the boot out to get behind it, but I'm being thwarted by the little plastic clip at the top near the back. I can pull it out a few millimetres till it sits loose, but it just won't come out. Is there some arcane catch I need to press with a screwdriver, or do I just need to lever it off? I don't want to brute force it and break something and then have to live with a rattling panel!

Thanks in advance!

@Scarecrow

Remove the trim that runs along the top of the passenger rear quarter window.

Under this you'll see a large plastic push clip, remove it by force but pull it square or just a flathead driver so not to snap it or stress it.

Remove the torx screws holding the trim on, there are three you should easily find, one close to the boot light hole itself.

Unpop the edge of the rear door card away from the trim top to bottom.

Unpop the plastic insert where the 3rd centre seat belt runs through the trim.

Pull back the boot rubber seal running alongside the trim.

The trim should be pretty loose now, work the top away by unhooking it by pulling the whole thing down.

Unhook and manoeuvre the trim off of the rear seat main fixing point.

This should have the trim loose and able to be moved out the way apart from the seat belt which you shouldn't need to touch.

You'll be looking for a small black rectangular plug with two wires, maybe the same as the speaker ones, it should be the only plug behind there and quite obvious. If you haven't gone one, maybe your car had a blanking plate fitted but I'm sure most would have one or the wiring.

If you want to test it, remove your glovebox lamp, it's the same fitment and connection and perhaps more useful in your boot until you find another replacement.

Let us know how you get on, once you've done it once it's a piece of pie :smile:

1.4 Expression 2007
@Scarecrow

Remove the trim that runs along the top of the passenger rear quarter window.

Under this you'll see a large plastic push clip, remove it by force but pull it square or just a flathead driver so not to snap it or stress it.

Remove the torx screws holding the trim on, there are three you should easily find, one close to the boot light hole itself.

Unpop the edge of the rear door card away from the trim top to bottom.

Unpop the plastic insert where the 3rd centre seat belt runs through the trim.

Pull back the boot rubber seal running alongside the trim.

The trim should be pretty loose now, work the top away by unhooking it by pulling the whole thing down.

Unhook and manoeuvre the trim off of the rear seat main fixing point.

This should have the trim loose and able to be moved out the way apart from the seat belt which you shouldn't need to touch.

You'll be looking for a small black rectangular plug with two wires, maybe the same as the speaker ones, it should be the only plug behind there and quite obvious. If you haven't gone one, maybe your car had a blanking plate fitted but I'm sure most would have one or the wiring.

If you want to test it, remove your glovebox lamp, it's the same fitment and connection and perhaps more useful in your boot until you find another replacement.

Let us know how you get on, once you've done it once it's a piece of pie :smile:

Thanks Chris, great set of instructions! I'll give it a go tomorrow once (if) it gets above freezing on the drive. Much appreciated!

I've just remembered something... one of the torx screws is behind the door card lol...

One by the bootlid side down a hole
One by the bootlight area on show
One behind the door card after you unclip it with the seats down. Rubbish picture but it will make sense when you come to it where i've circled :smile:

20180317_202708.jpg

1.4 Expression 2007
Didn’t need to get the panel all the way off. Once it was a little loose I could see a loop of wire. Pulled on that and voila, one little black connector! Off to eBay to see if I can get the light now. Thanks for the advice!