ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Removing VB Passwords from Excel docs?

The Boosh!

ClioSport Admin
  Elise, Duster
Long shot (I really need to join a community dedicated to XLS lol!).

I've recieved a pretty fancy form that opens in excel. A macro runs as soon as you open the file which opens the form window. I open it when holding the shift key (so that the macro doesn't run) and then hit alt. F11 to access the macro/Visual basic menus... The VB menu within here that I want to access has a password on it.

I want to take this form bits so I can see how it works - So does anyone know how I can get rid of said password, for research purposes of course! :)

Usually open office will open excel files and protected cells with a password without needing it, maybe the same for vb?

The Boosh!

ClioSport Admin
  Elise, Duster
I could give it a go but don't really want to have to go through the effort of installing open office!

Bus w**ker
Google it you mong, there's loads of things out there that will strip the passwords from Excel docs with no effort.